Novag Manuals

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
Alain

Novag Manuals

Post by Alain »

Hi,

the thread about Excalibur 2294 & Novag Obsidian's manuals reminded me a question I wanted to ask some time ago but forgot to:

In the past, I have downloaded all the manuals I could from Chess Computer makers such as Novag or Saitek.
I did not want to publish them on my site... but now there is no Novag site anymore and therefore I am tempted to do it now.

Any thought ?

Thanks,
Alain

PS: Mephisto manuals are still available.
Dave C

Re: Novag Manuals

Post by Dave C »

Alain wrote:Hi,

the thread about Excalibur 2294 & Novag Obsidian's manuals reminded me a question I wanted to ask some time ago but forgot to:

In the past, I have downloaded all the manuals I could from Chess Computer makers such as Novag or Saitek.
I did not want to publish them on my site... but now there is no Novag site anymore and therefore I am tempted to do it now.

Any thought ?

Thanks,
Alain

PS: Mephisto manuals are still available.
I can not imagine a problem publishing manuals by Novag and Saitek since both have been out-of-business for years.

Regards,
Dave
Steve B
Site Admin

Post by Steve B »

Go For It Regards
Steve
chesspcmac

Post by chesspcmac »

Yes, please do it. You have an excellent site, where can I send you PDF manuals that you don't have.

The missing link regards

mike
"Sir, the slowness of genius is hard to bear, but the slowness of mediocrity is insufferable"

Henry Thomas Buckle
Alain

Post by Alain »

chesspcmac wrote:Yes, please do it. You have an excellent site, where can I send you PDF manuals that you don't have.
Awesome !
I'll post here when I am done with a maker (I might upload more than Novag) so that you'll see which additional manuals you have.
Thanks in advance regards,
Alain
Steve B
Site Admin

Post by Steve B »

Perhaps someone with a manual for the Excalibur Nicole Miller Chess Computer (model 923ENM) could scan it and upload to Alain's Site?

Need A Favor Regards
Steve
Alain

Post by Alain »

OK, I uploaded to my web site around 65 new Novag Manuals files.

AFAIK All the Novag manuals I have have been uploaded except maybe Disney Magic Castle which I might have in non-English paper versions.

Alain

PS: I'll check other makers as well... but later
Dave C

Post by Dave C »

Alain wrote:OK, I uploaded to my web site around 65 new Novag Manuals files.

AFAIK All the Novag manuals I have have been uploaded except maybe Disney Magic Castle which I might have in non-English paper versions.

Alain
Many thanks to you Alain.

Dave
Chessfan

Novag obsidian

Post by Chessfan »

I'm having problems with Novag obsidian. Opening book tutor . I cannot get the feature to work. Please help