mephisto modena

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
masterclass

mephisto modena

Post by masterclass »

The tournament levels on my mephisto modena inb no way correspond to those in the manual. eg Tn 5 should be 40 moves in 2 hrs but instead is 45 in 2.5 hours with 20mins thereafter. After that the computer wouldnt play on!!
Can anyone help?
Steve B
Site Admin

Re: mephisto modena

Post by Steve B »

masterclass wrote:The tournament levels on my mephisto modena inb no way correspond to those in the manual. eg Tn 5 should be 40 moves in 2 hrs but instead is 45 in 2.5 hours with 20mins thereafter. After that the computer wouldnt play on!!
Can anyone help?
Hi
i just checked my Modena
all of the Tournament levels as stated in the manual are the same as shown on the computer display
TM level 5 shows 2 Hrs
TM level 6 shows 2.5 Hrs.
after setting a level make sure to press the Clear key..not the ENTER key
pressing ENTER increases the level by 1..you seem to be off by one level

Thoroughly Modena Mille Regards
Steve
masterclass

Post by masterclass »

no i definitely pressed clear and not enter which as you say would increase the level by 1. I had hoped i was off by one level but no i have tn1 and tn6 1 hr, tn2,tn4 & tn7 2hrs and tn3,tn5 & tn8 2.5 hrs. I dont even have a 3 hr option which should be tn8. Were there two versions and two handbooks
Steve B
Site Admin

Post by Steve B »

masterclass wrote:no i definitely pressed clear and not enter which as you say would increase the level by 1. I had hoped i was off by one level but no i have tn1 and tn6 1 hr, tn2,tn4 & tn7 2hrs and tn3,tn5 & tn8 2.5 hrs. I dont even have a 3 hr option which should be tn8. Were there two versions and two handbooks
nope
not that i know of

A puzzlement Regards
Steve