Dr.Q returns to defeat MCG in gambit style

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
Queegmeister

Dr.Q returns to defeat MCG in gambit style

Post by Queegmeister »

Hello to everyone its been a long time especially my friend

STEVE B

I had to come out of retirement to beat the boy wonder in style

you dont have to wait for endgame just go for the throat

I forgot how to use the diagrams so here is game score

g/60 time control, the MCG played very rapidly and I did have only 2 minutes left at end of game

Dr.Q white vs MCG black

veresov-Q-gambit

feel free to insert diagrams Steve B !!

1. d4 Nf6 2. Nc3 d5 3. Bg5 Nbd7 4. f3 c6 5. e4 de 6. Bc4 ! Nb6 7. Bb3 a5 8. a4 ef 9. Nxf3 e6 10. Bxf6 gxf6 11. 0-0 Rg8 12. Ne4 (essential to reach f2) Bh6 ?! 13. c4 f5 14. Nf2 ! Qf6 15. Qe2 Qg7 16. g3 (show no fear) f4 17. g4 c5 18. d5 (this pawn will win game) f5 19. h3 fg 20. hg Qf6 21. Rfe1 (I have a significant advantage) Ke7 (when will they teach them to castle ?) 22. Qd3 (striking the weak light squares) Rg7 23. Rad1 +- e5 24. d6+ (and now my plan is unstoppable without black taking material losses) DIAGRAM please. Kd8 25. Nxe5 Bf5 26. Qe2 Kc8 27. Bc2 Rg8 28. Bxf5 Qxf5 29. b3 Qe6 30. Qd3 (MY diagonal) Qf6 31. Qxh7 (MCG has collapsed diagram please) Qg7 32. d7+ Kc8 33. Qf5 Rd8 (MCG may as well resign) 34. Nf7 (a full piece will go now) Rxd7 35. Qxc5+ Kb8 (the king is tired) 36. Rxd7 Nxd7 37. Qd6+ Ka7 38. Qxd7 f3 39. Re7 Qa1+ (desperation) 40. Nd1 Rxg4+ 41. Qxg4 Qxd1+ 42. Kg2 Qc2+ 43. Kxf3 Qxb3+ 44. Kg2 and eventually checkmate 1-0

I would assess the MCG at less strong than TM , I had to sacrifice a rook for bishop to win in same opening. Here , I just played to control center and the pressure was mainly due to rapid play by MCG. If not for the Nf2 though I would have been toast

The TM Portorose with London ROM had the courtesy to RESIGN evidently manners are no longer

in style regards
Dr. Q :)
Only he who never plays, never loses
dedicate computers

Dr.Q white vs MCG black

Post by dedicate computers »

[fen]r1b5/1p2k1rp/1n1P1q1b/p1p1p3/P1P2pP1/1B1Q1N2/1P3N2/3RR1K1 b - - 0 24[/fen]

Position after d6+
Although the post was intended to King of collectors, could not resist to see the match.
Regards
Oswaldo
Queegmeister

thank you for the diagram

Post by Queegmeister »

Game for everyone but just special hello to steve and he always liked my games vs the beasts :D

Has anyone played Atlanta vs MCG?

Hope you enjoyed game!! This diagram makes MCG look a bit silly

I was disappointed g/60 was as long as sudden death could be. I like g/90 and for me personally, g/2 hrs should be standard

Fun for everyone regards
Dr.Q
Last edited by Queegmeister on Tue May 24, 2016 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve B
Site Admin

Re: Dr.Q returns to defeat MCG in gambit style

Post by Steve B »

Queegmeister wrote:Hello to everyone its been a long time especially my friend STEVE B
Welcome Back Dr.Q
you were missed

The Smartest Man In The Room Returns Regards
Steve
Queegmeister

Post by Queegmeister »

Steve B wrote:
Queegmeister wrote:Hello to everyone its been a long time especially my friend STEVE B
Welcome Back Dr.Q
you were missed

The Smartest Man In The Room Returns Regards
Steve
Thank you my friend, I dedicate my best games vs dedicateds to you of course.
Your compliments are greatly appreciated. But I'm slowing down being

over 80 regards
Dr.Q
Steve B
Site Admin

Post by Steve B »

Queegmeister wrote: But I'm slowing down being

over 80 regards
Dr.Q
Modest as Usual

how is your Mephisto TM holding up?

Catching Up Regards
Steve
Queegmeister

TM is very challenging

Post by Queegmeister »

Steve

I worked on it with a friend as you may recall but we could not get the memory to retain settings etc. always starts in german we replaced the chip and battery and still does not remember yesterday

Still plays a great game though. Better than any other dedicated I will ever have. No way I pay 2500 for Tasc. And I can't get a kraken either (WM)

Maybe a bad trace, but we did not want to tear it apart anymore than we had so it is still that way. I wonder if there is someone that would restore the machines surface as there were a few scratches and fix what we could not.

forgets like me regards
Dr.Q :lol:
Cyberchess

Post by Cyberchess »

Image Congratulations to Dr. Q for taking no guff from the late model upstart!

Like yourself, I’m much more comfortable playing a G-90 time control against the strong devoted units.
Even with a substantial positional superiority, I’ve tossed away too many games due to tactical oversights in time pressure.

Beast Beating Regards,
John
Queegmeister

blitz with mischa the true Genius

Post by Queegmeister »

Imagine what it felt like to be in time pressure playing mischa in blitz which I did. :shock:

I did win a few games though :wink:

whenever I sacrifice I remember him

Did you know that when Mischa sacrificed against Botwinnik the game had to be moved due to shouting , the people were so excited they could not be quiet . Such an exciting time for chess when chess was such art and Mischa the gladiator genius

my friend was the terror of blitz and even of course the tournament time

the best blitz player ever, I sometimes wonder if he could beat the Satan himself

rest his soul regards :cry:
Dr.Q