Who would most likely win this hypothetical chess game?

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
acgusta2

Who would most likely win this hypothetical chess game?

Post by acgusta2 »

Two people by the names of Alice and Bob agree to play chess on an 80 by 80 chess board. Alice starts with 20 by 80 pieces meaning 1,600 pieces in total including 800 pawns, 200 rooks, 200 knights, 200 bishops, 199 queens, and 1 king. Bob starts out with 2 by 8 pieces including 8 pawns, 2 rooks, 2 knights, 2 bishops, 1 queen, and 1 king.

For Alice each rook with the exception of the ones on the far left and far right have 1 rook on one side and one knight on the other. Each knight has one rook on one side and one bishop on the other. Each bishop with the exception of the one next to the king has one queen on one side and one knight on the other. Each queen with the exception of the one next to the king has one queen on one side and one bishop on the other. Every rook, knight, bishop or queen with the exception of the ones in the very back has one pawn directly in front of it and one pawn directly behind it. Every pawn with the exception of those in the very front has one rook, knight, bishop, or queen directly in front of it and one rook, knight, bishop, queen, or king directly behind it. The king is in the very back and is to the right of the queen that is closest to the center line on the right.

Bob has his pieces on the opposite side of the board from Alice and his king and queen are on either side of the center line. He has his pawns in the front and all the other pieces in the back. His rooks are on the far right and far left. His knights are next to his rooks. His bishops are next to his knights, and his king and queen are next to his bishops.

Bob is a world champion in chess while Alice is a novice who has only been playing chess for a few weeks.

So would Alice win because her pieces outnumber Bobs 100 to 1 or would Bob win because he is much more skilled at Chess?
Murat

Post by Murat »

There are other variables you failed to mention.

For example is Alice hot? Does she have big boobies?
Queegmeister

wow

Post by Queegmeister »

Holy Bobby Fischer Batman

regular chess is hard enough for me.

thats what I get for watching

old american TV shows regards
DR.Q

:P
Only he who never plays, never loses
alynch4047

Post by alynch4047 »

I enjoyed this problem, took me quite a while to figure out the board layout. No idea if there is a clear 'good' answer.