rarest novag aquamarine RISC II 26.6 Mhz ?

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
Queegmeister

rarest novag aquamarine RISC II 26.6 Mhz ?

Post by Queegmeister »

Hello Gentlemen

Aquamarine 26.6

The machine my friend is aquiring solved the mate in 5 on the schach-computer info page comparing the siglo 21 to the "normal" 26.6

in 13 min 2 seconds when it is supposed to take 15 min 12 sec.

oddly it does not solve it in 12 min 37 sec as claimed by the article if it is the LEGENDARY unit

Is it the EXTREMELY rare LEGENDARY aquamarine that operates at 16 Mhz ? although NOT marked SIGLO XXI ??

what other test should he run to confirm and what rarity would it qualify as if it is indeed the rare unit ?

I am going to request he reset the machine and re run the test mate

Can another owner confirm the mate time as 15 min 12 sec for the original unit ?

He could always open it and look at the crystal correct ?

discovering plutonium regards
Dr.Q :shock:
Only he who never plays, never loses
Queegmeister

hilarious

Post by Queegmeister »

:lol: :lol:

clones ?? how so ??

I set up the checkmate in 5 on the Emerald classic and it instantly played the mate

talk about bang for the buck regards
Dr.Q
Only he who never plays, never loses
paulwise3

Post by paulwise3 »

Hi Q,

Interesting problem! I just tried the problem with my aquamarine risc ii, and it solved it in exactly 13 minutes, so probably the same version as your friend's machine.

As for the Emerald classic (which i do not have): did you reset the machine before trying the problem? I have experienced with another machine (and another problem) a case where I did take back the first solution move and let it compute again. In that situation it needed only 1/5 of the original solution time...

Remembering the first move to try regards,
Paul
2024 Special thread: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12741
2024 Special results and standings: https://schaakcomputers.nl/paul_w/Tourn ... 25_06.html
If I am mistaken, it must be caused by a horizon effect...
paulwise3

Re: hilarious

Post by paulwise3 »

Queegmeister wrote::lol: :lol:

clones ?? how so ??

I set up the checkmate in 5 on the Emerald classic and it instantly played the mate

talk about bang for the buck regards
Dr.Q
Hi Dr. Q,

I just did some more testing.
And it appears that when I try this with level E2 (=analyze up to 10 halfplies), then the mating move already comes in 3 seconds!
(and yes, I did reset the computer before trying this ;-))

So not that bad regards,
Paul
2024 Special thread: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12741
2024 Special results and standings: https://schaakcomputers.nl/paul_w/Tourn ... 25_06.html
If I am mistaken, it must be caused by a horizon effect...