Fidelity SC6 and modules

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
BillT

Fidelity SC6 and modules

Post by BillT »

I have an SC6 on its way,and with it a module "GG6".
Great, but I can find no reference or info on a GG6, however there is info on a CG6 module which appears to be the same module ie "Greatest games"
Can anyone shed some light on this for me? and also if poss an instuction manual (in PDF or an original if someone has a spare one :) ) for the GG6 as It doesn't look like there is one comimg (even though the original box is).What Im really going to need is the list of games and which squares are relative ....and how to access them.

Im sure that some where tucked away I have an original manual for the CGG module which is for the Mini Sensory Greatest games (sadly I dont have the Module though) are they the same ?? has anybody tried using a GG6 in a mini sensory or vice versa? would it work?

its all C&G's regards.

Bill
Steve B
Site Admin

Post by Steve B »

BillT wrote: CG6 module which appears to be the same module ie "Greatest games"
Hi Bill
you are correct

Fidelity released two modules for the SC6:
BO6(Opening book module)
CG6(33 Great Games)

666 Regards
Steve
BillT

Post by BillT »

Thanks for your reply Steve,
I am now in possession of the above and was surprised to find that there is another module with it ,which I assume is the main program as the board doesn't work at all without it......this module has no silver I/d label ,just a red circular sticker....This is unlike the Challenger 8 &9 and Mini sensory as they all have the program on an internal fixed Rom.Does that sound right??

Im still needing instructions for the GG6 Module (still not sure whats going on here GG6 /CG6 greatest games) if anybody could help.
Maybe even just to photograph the pages and send them via a mail would be great and I'd be really grateful.
Heres hoping
regards
Bill
Steve B
Site Admin

Post by Steve B »

BillT wrote:Thanks for your reply Steve,
I am now in possession of the above and was surprised to find that there is another module with it ,which I assume is the main program as the board doesn't work at all without it......this module has no silver I/d label ,just a red circular sticker....This is unlike the Challenger 8 &9 and Mini sensory as they all have the program on an internal fixed Rom.Does that sound right??
Bill
Yes Bill that is perfectly correct
The SC6 program is in that module
Interestingly..Fidelity supposedly released the SC6 in two variations...with the program built in(no program module) and with the program module
both of my SC6 's however have the program module..personally i have never seen an SC6 without the Program module

sorry about the CG6/GG6 Confusion
typo on my part..correct is GG6

Good To Go Regards
Steve
P.S. send me your email address and ill send you a scan of the 12 Pg. manual
BillT

Post by BillT »

Thanks for clearing up on that one Steve.

Ive sent you a PM.

Incidently, does the BO6 module allow you to play games with it installed or is it just for practicing openings ? or put another way.......does the BO6 have the 6 program on it (unlike the GG6 module). I would guess its just for practising.

Modular regards
Bill
Steve B
Site Admin

Post by Steve B »

BillT wrote:Thanks for clearing up on that one Steve.

Ive sent you a PM.

Incidently, does the BO6 module allow you to play games with it installed or is it just for practicing openings ? or put another way.......does the BO6 have the 6 program on it (unlike the GG6 module). I would guess its just for practising.

Modular regards
Bill
Yes the BO6 module allows you to play a game at any time even while in book
the program module is built into it

GG6 Manual Sent Regards
Steve
BillT

Post by BillT »

All good thanks Steve.
Now that I've read the manual I can see how it all works and I'm glad that you dont have to keep changing the modules over in order to play a game.

Has it been established that the program on the BO6 & GG6 modules is the same as the base module? (other than different level timings )
I know that these old Fidelitys aren't neccessarily strong (even I am wining games) or as pretty as a nice wooden board, but..................

Loving the GG6 / Challenger 6 regards

Bill
Steve B
Site Admin

Post by Steve B »

Never compared the programs but i am guessing they are the same
Fidelity would have probably offered a third module for the SC6 if they improved/changed the playing program.. rather then just include it along with the other modules ..as they did with the Mini-sensory which had 3 modules released -Improved program module,book module and great games module

Maximizing Return On Investment Regards
Steve