LOOK AT THIS!!!!!!!

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
Steve B
Site Admin

Post by Steve B »

Fernando wrote:

So, yes, you are right, BUT i would be more convinced if you put in my hands, say, chess challenger super 9 at a symbolic price.
I will consider it
but the best I can do would be a Super 9 Emulation for the MAC

Contacting Herr Huber Regards
Steve
Fernando
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Fernando »

Steve B wrote:
Fernando wrote:

So, yes, you are right, BUT i would be more convinced if you put in my hands, say, chess challenger super 9 at a symbolic price.
I will consider it
but the best I can do would be a Super 9 Emulation for the MAC

Contacting Herr Huber Regards
Steve
Herr Huber was warned that you are arch enemy of his kind of work, so....

Waiting a price for S9 regards
Fern
Festina Lente
ricard60

Post by ricard60 »

Steve B wrote:
ricard60 wrote:
Fernando wrote: No doubt that always is better the real thing, BUT perhaps you should consider that for common folk like me and others it is simply a matter of MONEY... so to speak, apart from the fact that some of the virtual machines presented by Franz are running at speeds that never were reachable in the real things and that fact provide an extra option of experiment and fun.

Common sense regards
Fern
I believe this is the clue of why this emulation of dedicated chess machines is growing.
my only objection is when a chess engine ..which is the very heart ..indeed the very soul .. of a dedicated chess computer ..is ripped out and placed into the PC format
place it into another dedicated computer that is equipped for it and I am good to go

Im Easy Regards
Steve
In 1000 years there will be no dedicated chess machine left from those years, the wooden board and its electronics will be gone forever, the only thing left is the very heart or soul that is the engine is the only thing that could be alive inside and playing in a computer of the 31st century or in a new body that are now Rev I, Rev II and Mysticum and who knows which more new bodies will come. So the only way to preserve the soul of these machines are with new bodies or inside a computer. So it is good for the collectors from the future to know how the first dedicated chess machines played. Not the body but only the soul is forever.

A tale from the grave regards
Ricardo
Steve B
Site Admin

Post by Steve B »

ricard60 wrote:
In 1000 years there will be no dedicated chess machine left from those years, the wooden board and its electronics will be gone forever
in 1000 years there will be no PC's ..no chess...no nothing

Global Warming Regards
Steve
ricard60

Post by ricard60 »

Steve B wrote:
ricard60 wrote:
In 1000 years there will be no dedicated chess machine left from those years, the wooden board and its electronics will be gone forever

Global Warming Regards
Steve
Of course there will be computers and also life. I just come from there.

Back to the future regards
Ricardo
IvenGO

Post by IvenGO »

Nice utility but for testing purposes mainly 8)
alynch4047

Post by alynch4047 »

I just fired up the CC7 emulation - a real blast from the past. I thought I would explain the motivation behind this type of thing as some of you seem baffled by it. We computer programmers love to architect, simulate, reinvent things - but in the virtual world of the computer. It's a bit like climbing a mountain - you do it because it is there. There is a great satisfaction in reproducing / replicating something from the real world - the challenge can be significant. I myself looked around a few months ago to see if I could find a CC7 ROM binary on the web to see if I could 'run' it on a virtual 'machine' that I would program myself. This project is a great achievement, but it is not really intended for chess machine afficionados - it's for those of us who like to build things in the thin air of the virtual computer world.
Bryan Whitby

Post by Bryan Whitby »

This is excellent news for me personally as it gives me three opportunities to explore.

1. I have never been able to afford a Fidelity EAG but with the release of this, I can now experience Spracklens strongest engine.

2. As a graphical chess designer, it gives me the opportunity to create new pieces and board designs. This I have already done and a screenshot of my 3D board can be found below.

3. As I have the ability to be able to design and build my own chess boards that can connect to various hardware running chess software, I have today started building myself a board that will connect to a Windows 10 tablet and therefore be able to interface with the MESS emulator.

When you are my age and have prostate cancer, the old Pearly Gates do seem not far away. So when a project like this is announced, it once again gives me the opportunity to get actively involved in computer chess which over the years has given me so much pleasure.

Sargon regards
Bryan

Fernando
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Fernando »

Chessmaster Ireland wrote:This is excellent news for me personally as it gives me three opportunities to explore.

1. I have never been able to afford a Fidelity EAG but with the release of this, I can now experience Spracklens strongest engine.

2. As a graphical chess designer, it gives me the opportunity to create new pieces and board designs. This I have already done and a screenshot of my 3D board can be found below.

3. As I have the ability to be able to design and build my own chess boards that can connect to various hardware running chess software, I have today started building myself a board that will connect to a Windows 10 tablet and therefore be able to interface with the MESS emulator.

When you are my age and have prostate cancer, the old Pearly Gates do seem not far away. So when a project like this is announced, it once again gives me the opportunity to get actively involved in computer chess which over the years has given me so much pleasure.

Sargon regards
Bryan

Como on, pal!!!
I have a friend 85 years old and with prostate cancer since millenia and he is still kicking and breathing. Do not even think you will trespass very soon.
that portal.
We are inmortal, we, custodies of old glories

Listening Debussy beautiful quartet regards
Fern
Festina Lente
Larry

Post by Larry »

Hi Bryan, is your cancer advanced to the point of being past
prostate removal?
wishing you a recovery...
Larry
Bryan Whitby

Post by Bryan Whitby »

Thanks Fern.
Larry, I have sent you a PM.
Bryan
Cyberchess

Post by Cyberchess »

Get well soon, Bryan!

Holistic Healing Regards,
John
Bryan Whitby

Post by Bryan Whitby »

Thanks John
I will have a read tonight about the link you gave
Bryan
Celadus

Post by Celadus »

ricard60 wrote:
Steve B wrote:
ricard60 wrote:

Global Warming Regards
Steve
Of course there will be computers and also life. I just come from there.

Back to the future regards
Ricardo
What are the women like? :wink:
Fernando
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Fernando »

Probably as here and now: lovely but unbearable.
Festina Lente