Chess Genius Pro

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
Sargon1972

Chess Genius Pro

Post by Sargon1972 »

Hello Guys,

Well the first people have the new Chess Genius Pro already
So i am allowed to write about

The 1th Beta Version arrived 17-02-2016 with 100mhz and less Hash then the Final version
The first impression ,strong !
But as in some games i had the idea that the CGPro did "overlook"some things
Well with the 2th Beta Version , a new CPU with 120Mhz and more Hash the comp. comes deeper and see more , but the Program have still the "Classical" Lang errors , that means in some positions it oversee some things in Middle game
In the 1th version there where 2books ,London what is already older then 20years , and a Modern Book what open with 1.b3 and so what was nice to see
By the Final Version ,it seems that the 2th Book is the Hiarcs Human book?(of that i am not 100% sure)
It play lines that are not good for the Program ,but there are also good lines as well .
Also i have the idea that Richard Lang have not 100% optimize the Program for these CPU and Hash
But people .....do we want that , because now the old dedicated still have a chance to win ,and that i like .
We don,t need a Book what is as a WC Book ,only for win ,and a Program over 2400 elo
The CGPro is strong, i have played +- 100 games on Active Chess and the result show a elo of 2402! on the Active List , i am sure that after more games it will end +- 2350 elo ,also for Tournament Games
Games u can play here :
http://www.schachcomputer.info/forum/sh ... #post60232

Well at the end i can say , i would buy one ,where do u get this strength in a Chess Computer for this Money ,but that is for everyone personal of course
Of course u have + and - points ,like Bigger Board,Wood ,LCD ,Options and so on
But i am happy that there still company,s like Millennium out there what make Chess Computers

Enjoy playing with the Chess Genius Pro ,well i did
P.s never use Battery,s and Power supply at the same time ,it will harm the computer ,even gets broken

Kr,Hans
Hello
I am from Netherlands and many years involved with computerchess
It,s a way of life i suppose :p

Kr,Hans
Larry

Post by Larry »

How is the feel of the playing surface? Is it hard as a rock or
soft?
thanks for the info so far.
Larry
Sargon1972

Post by Sargon1972 »

Hello Larry,

Well more soft then the Chess Genius , for me it was pleasant touching the reeds.
Also Millennium have write that on their homepage by improvements

Kr,Hans
Hello

Kr,Hans
Lars Sandin
SSDF

Post by Lars Sandin »

Very impressive Active-chess results there for the Millenium ChessGenius Pro, Hans!

Will be interesting to see how it performs when it will be released to the public and it seems to be a very good improvement over the existing Millenium ChessGenius!

Best regards
Lars Sandin, SSDF
Steve B
Site Admin

Post by Steve B »

Sargon1972 wrote:
By the Final Version ,it seems that the 2th Book is the Hiarcs Human book?(of that i am not 100% sure)
Yes Hiarcs "Human"Book with about 100K positions
Mark Uniacke himself provided that information

Thanks for the report Hans
look forward to getting it as soon as a US Retailer has it

Humane Regards
Steve
Sargon1972

Post by Sargon1972 »

Hello Steve,

About the Book ,i enjoy to have a new Book then already made Book from previous Chess Computers ,so do not see it as Critic
It ,s a Book indeed ,maybe Hiarcs react good to it ,but in mostly the openings ,the Chess Genius Pro do not react good unfortunately and cost a lot of games
That i noticed in many games the CGPro did play
But a Thank u to Mark Uniacke for this Book
Maybe he can answer mine question , in the 1th Beta Version of the CGPro
there was a "Modern"Book with also open with 1.b3 , the Book of the Final Version of CGPro do not open with this line at all
Was that Book also from Hiarcs? Personally i prefer that Book

Kr,Hans
Hello

Kr,Hans
Fernando
Admiral of the Fleet

Re: Chess Genius Pro

Post by Fernando »

Sargon1972 wrote:Hello Guys,

The 1th Beta Version arrived 17-02-2016 with 100mhz and less Hash then the Final version
Well with the 2th Beta Version , a new CPU with 120Mhz and more Hash the comp. comes deeper and see more , but the Program have still the "Classical" Lang errors , that means in some positions it oversee some things in Middle game
In the 1th version there where 2books ,London what is already older then 20years , and a Modern Book what open with 1.b3 and so what was nice to see
It play lines that are not good for the Program ,but there are also good lines as well .
Also i have the idea that Richard Lang have not 100% optimize the Program for these CPU and Hash
But people .....do we want that , because now the old dedicated still have a chance to win ,and that i like .
We don,t need a Book what is as a WC Book ,only for win ,and a Program over 2400 elo
The CGPro is strong, i have played +- 100 games on Active Chess and the result show a elo of 2402! on the Active List , i am sure that after more games it will end +- 2350 elo ,also for Tournament Games
Games u can play here :

Well at the end i can say , i would buy one ,where do u get this strength in a Chess Computer for this Money ,but that is for everyone personal of course
But i am happy that there still company,s like Millennium out there what make Chess Computers

P.s never use Battery,s and Power supply at the same time ,it will harm the computer ,even gets broken

Kr,Hans

Great info, pal, but still...I will not purchase it, at least this is my current decision. In terms of appearance, it is the same as current genius. In terms of strength, actual genius I still cannot even draw with him, so I do not see reasons to get an even stronger one.
Festina Lente
ricard60

Post by ricard60 »

Games u can play here :

Kr,Hans
Which version of Chess Genius is inside MCGPro? is it Genius 2 or 3 or other? Is it the same that has MCG?
IA

Post by IA »

ricard60 wrote:

Games u can play here :

Kr,Hans
Which version of Chess Genius is inside MCGPro? is it Genius 2 or 3 or other? Is it the same that has MCG?

Hello Ricard60, The Version is the ChessGenius Engine 3.0 Android... The latest version of ChessGenius :wink:

http://www.chessgenius.com/android/

Regards.
Fernando
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Fernando »

IA wrote:
ricard60 wrote:

Games u can play here :

Kr,Hans

Hello Ricard60, The Version is the ChessGenius Engine 3.0 Android... The latest version of ChessGenius :wink:

http://www.chessgenius.com/android/

Regards.

latest is 3.04
Festina Lente
IvenGO

Post by IvenGO »

ricard60 wrote:

Games u can play here :

Kr,Hans
Roma = CG for Palm = CG for WinMobile ~ CG for Android = Millenium CG
Steve B
Site Admin

Post by Steve B »

Seems the CGPro wont be available in the US until Sept.1

http://blog.chesshouse.com/chess-genius ... nic-chess/

Worth The Wait Regards
Steve
ricard60

Post by ricard60 »

IvenGO wrote: Which version of Chess Genius is inside MCGPro? is it Genius 2 or 3 or other? Is it the same that has MCG?
Roma = CG for Palm = CG for WinMobile ~ CG for Android = Millenium CG

So this means that it has not been developed a stronger version of CG since Mephisto Roma? What about this link:

http://www.schach-computer.info/wiki/in ... ermaschine

As you can see there is also not only Genius 2 but also Genius 5 that is loaded in the Wundermaschine and maybe there are others. So what version is inside the CGM? and CGMPro?

What Genius is inside regards
Ricardo
IvenGO

Post by IvenGO »

MCG & MCGpro contain slightly improved ROMA, so NO "GENIUS" inside.

Mephisto and PC versions from Almeria to Genius 7.2 is an evolution line different from mobile software that I'd written above. Dont trust commercial.
IA

Post by IA »

Do not speculate , I have first-hand news , Richard Lang says that the version of MCG PRO is ChessGenius 3.0 Android chip adapted to M4.

Regard....:)