S =Kg Ln W..............

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
Fernando
Admiral of the Fleet

S =Kg Ln W..............

Post by Fernando »

That is the Boltzmann equation than could be used with some changes to explain why a program goes deeper in trouble when going deeper in ply, I mean a weak program.
If not that weak the formula must be changed to a more complicated enunciation as follows:

W= Kg Ln W - 1/Kg Ln

then it follows some other maths somewhat boring.

I remember that I tested this idea with Champion Challenger a weak program for these days, not that so in the 80's.

There are some paradoxes. For an extremely weak program best course is to calculate just three ply.....

Anyone want to test it?

Boltzmann send his regards
F
Festina Lente
Larry

Re: S =Kg Ln W..............

Post by Larry »

Fernando wrote:That is the Boltzmann equation than could be used with some changes to explain why a program goes deeper in trouble when going deeper in ply, I mean a weak program.
If not that weak the formula must be changed to a more complicated enunciation as follows:

W= Kg Ln W - 1/Kg Ln

then it follows some other maths somewhat boring.

I remember that I tested this idea with Champion Challenger a weak program for these days, not that so in the 80's.

There are some paradoxes. For an extremely weak program best course is to calculate just three ply.....

Anyone want to test it?

Boltzmann send his regards
F
I've long been conscious of early dedicated machines using extra time
to find a weaker move. That's why I normally only play on the basic
5secs/move level. You get the same strength faster.
L