Nelson Comeback?

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
Fernando
Admiral of the Fleet

Nelson Comeback?

Post by Fernando »

I have heard some rumors from German collectors of my knowledge about a comeback of Ron Nelson to this craft for the delivery of a dedicated unit the next months. I dunno if for Millenium or another company, BUT it looks like the success of Millenium with the genius family awakened some interest in other makers, specially chinese connected.
I have no way to give a definite weight to this rumor, but if any of you can ask Ron, it could be great.

General Rumor regards
Fern
Festina Lente
Bryan Whitby

Post by Bryan Whitby »

Fern

You are on Facebook and also is Ron Nelson so why don't you just message him and ask him directly?

Bryan
mclane

Re: Nelson Comeback?

Post by mclane »

Fernando wrote:I have heard some rumors from German collectors of my knowledge about a comeback of Ron Nelson to this craft for the delivery of a dedicated unit the next months. I dunno if for Millenium or another company, BUT it looks like the success of Millenium with the genius family awakened some interest in other makers, specially chinese connected.
I have no way to give a definite weight to this rumor, but if any of you can ask Ron, it could be great.

General Rumor regards
Fern
Cool rumor !!!
What seems like a fairy tale today may be reality tomorrow.
Here we have a fairy tale of the day after tomorrow....
Fernando
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Fernando »

Chessmaster Ireland wrote:Fern

You are on Facebook and also is Ron Nelson so why don't you just message him and ask him directly?

Bryan
I am not in facebook in the sense to go there and participate
F
Festina Lente
paulwise3

Re: Nelson Comeback?

Post by paulwise3 »

Fernando wrote:I have heard some rumors from German collectors of my knowledge about a comeback of Ron Nelson to this craft for the delivery of a dedicated unit the next months. I dunno if for Millenium or another company, BUT it looks like the success of Millenium with the genius family awakened some interest in other makers, specially chinese connected.

General Rumor regards
Fern
It would be nice to see a reïncarnation of his Grandmaster program in some new chesscomputer.
2024 Special thread: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12741
2024 Special results and standings: https://schaakcomputers.nl/paul_w/Tourn ... 25_06.html
If I am mistaken, it must be caused by a horizon effect...