Chess Challenger 7 Debate

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
Fernando
Admiral of the Fleet

Chess Challenger 7 Debate

Post by Fernando »

As much I will not purchase MGPro due to be ruined and to the fact that MG, first edition, is more than enough for me, as show the fact I have not even got a draw with it, I humbly ask anyone here to make company with me to discuss CC7, which I still can win with some efforts and only 24 take backs in average...
The current discussion about last genius make me sick of envy, sadness and a sense of insuficiency.
Have mercy of me regards
Fern
Festina Lente
Steve B
Site Admin

Re: Chess Challenger 7 Debate

Post by Steve B »

Fernando wrote:As much I will not purchase MGPro due to be ruined and to the fact that MG, first edition, is more than enough for me, as show the fact I have not even got a draw with it, I humbly ask anyone here to make company with me to discuss CC7, which I still can win with some efforts and only 24 take backs in average...
The current discussion about last genius make me sick of envy, sadness and a sense of insuficiency.
Have mercy of me regards
Fern
the CC7 is the most commonly sold chess computer ever made
by common i mean between 600.000-700,000 units were sold
everyone has owned one at one time..even non chess players
my aunt and grandmother had one
there is nothing further to discuss about it....

Now....

stop hoarding your money and buy a CGPRO already
the price is cheap
if for no other reason then it will allow you to join the discussion about it
if you dont own one you are not permitted to post about it

Tough Love Regards
Steve
Last edited by Steve B on Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fernando
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Fernando »

Steve B wrote:
Fernando wrote:As much I will not purchase MGPro due to be ruined and to the fact that MG, first edition, is more than enough for me, as show the fact I have not even got a draw with it, I humbly ask anyone here to make company with me to discuss CC7, which I still can win with some efforts and only 24 take backs in average...
Have mercy of me regards
Fern
the CC7 is the most commonly sold chess computer ever made
by common i mean between 600.000-700,000 units were sold
everyone has owned one at one time..even non chess players
my aunt and grandmother had one
there is nothing further to discuss about it....

Now....

stop hoarding your money and buy a CGPRO already
the price is cheap
if for no other reason then it will allow you to join the discussion about it
if you dont own one you are not permitted to post about it

Tough Love Regards
Steve
No money available so far.
Yesterday I was compelled to open with A HAMMER My beloved pig full of coins hoarded when i was 4 years old.
Thanks to that we were capable of getting some bread.

MGPro cannot be eaten regards
Fern
Festina Lente
paulwise3

Post by paulwise3 »

Have mercy of me regards
Fern
If it is any comfort to you, I can offer a Saitek Turbo Advanced Trainer (GK2000 clone) for a special Villegas price: 20 euro.

Having some doubles regards,
Paul.
2024 Special thread: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12741
2024 Special results and standings: https://schaakcomputers.nl/paul_w/Tourn ... 25_06.html
If I am mistaken, it must be caused by a horizon effect...
Fernando
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Fernando »

paulwise3 wrote:
Have mercy of me regards
Fern
If it is any comfort to you, I can offer a Saitek Turbo Advanced Trainer (GK2000 clone) for a special Villegas price: 20 euro.

Paul.
You are a generous friend, BUT I cannot take profit of such an offer. Get from it the price it deserves and let me die in poverty but in peace

From the grave regards
Fern
Festina Lente
paulwise3

Post by paulwise3 »

Fernando wrote:
paulwise3 wrote:
Have mercy of me regards
Fern

Paul.
You are a generous friend, BUT I cannot take profit of such an offer. Get from it the price it deserves and let me die in poverty but in peace

From the grave regards
Fern
Fern,

To be honest, I am afraid that in Germany and the Netherlands I cannot get much more euro's for it. There seem to be too much of this model on the market. I think I have four of them, appears to be a bad investment. The pieces show some signs of wear, but the board is ok.
So if you are interested, take your chance.

Better cheap to a friend, then useless at the attick regards,
Paul
2024 Special results and standings: https://schaakcomputers.nl/paul_w/Tourn ... 25_06.html
Fernando
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Fernando »

paulwise3 wrote:
Fernando wrote:
paulwise3 wrote:
Have mercy of me regards
Fern

Paul.

From the grave regards
Fern
Fern,

To be honest, I am afraid that in Germany and the Netherlands I cannot get much more euro's for it. There seem to be too much of this model on the market. I think I have four of them, appears to be a bad investment. The pieces show some signs of wear, but the board is ok.
So if you are interested, take your chance.

Better cheap to a friend, then useless at the attick regards,
Paul

Even so, I cannot accept. I do not want to go into details, but I am passing for such a bad moment that simply I cannot afford to purchase anything that is not essential for the family existence. Steve thinks I am joking, but unfortunately is not the case.
But maybe in a near future I will fix things and then i will call your offer but for a more reasonable price.
Thank you very much.
Fern
Festina Lente
Wardy

Post by Wardy »

Fern[/quote]

Even so, I cannot accept. I do not want to go into details, but I am passing for such a bad moment that simply I cannot afford to purchase anything that is not essential for the family existence. Steve thinks I am joking, but unfortunately is not the case.
But maybe in a near future I will fix things and then i will call your offer but for a more reasonable price.
Thank you very much.
Fern[/quote]

Sorry to hear about the challenges Fern, hope that it's just a passing cloud and that the God of finance smiles upon you once again.
Dave C

Post by Dave C »

Have mercy of me regards
Fern
Hi Fern,
Your post caused me to think about my fairly strong dedicated chess computer collection and ask the question....if I played a 10 game match with each computer....how many games could I win? Could I win one game? Frankly, I do not think I would win many games....maybe a few games. The overwhelming majority of my chess computers would wipe the floor with me, winning 99% of the games played. Maybe I will start a series of contests. One game against each of my chess computers, with me playing white, and see if I can win even one game.
Should I purchase a CC7 so I could win a game once in a while? Maybe I should start collecting a new set of chess computers that are known to play poorly or that make mistakes so that I have a chance against them.

Also, I am sorry to hear about your difficult financial situation. I'm praying that this will pass soon for you and your family. Over the last year, Steve B has mentioned a few ways that he has cut his family budget, including reduced food rations and cutting back on his wife's medications.

Feeling your pain....regards,
Dave
paulwise3

Post by paulwise3 »

Fern,

That makes me think of another way to make money: erotic novels. No matter how badly written, they sell!
And what a sensation it would be if you would write a book about...

The erotics in chess history regards,
Paul
Steve B
Site Admin

Post by Steve B »

paulwise3 wrote:Fern,

That makes me think of another way to make money: erotic novels. No matter how badly written, they sell!

Paul
Would Be A Very Short Book Regards
Steve
Fernando
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Fernando »

Steve B wrote:
paulwise3 wrote:Fern,

Paul
Would Be A Very Short Book Regards
Steve
Even shorter would be a recount of the erotic transactions of the members of this club.

Once a month regards
Fern
Festina Lente