Novag Sapphire2

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
Larry

Novag Sapphire2

Post by Larry »

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/282221652164 ... EBIDX%3AIT

The price this went for must have been a pleasant surprise to it's
New Zealand seller. If it was the bare unit it would have brought
probably a third of that price. Goes to show a box, the bit of cardboard
that it is, and the manual chess set, can be worth a couple of hundred
dollars.
L
SirDave

Post by SirDave »

In addition to the value from a collector's point of view, the presence of the box and original manual has always meant to me that the unit is more likely to have been well cared for and in good condition and that it is less likely to have had many different owners. It's not a guarantee, of course.
Cyberchess

Post by Cyberchess »

SirDave wrote:In addition to the value from a collector's point of view, the presence of the box and original manual has always meant to me that the unit is more likely to have been well cared for and in good condition and that it is less likely to have had many different owners. It's not a guarantee, of course.
:idea: My thoughts exactly.

Whenever possible, I try to store my schach equipment in its original packaging, which was specifically designed to protect said during extended transport periods. Case in point: Back around the Y2K, I purchased a no longer made, Ronald Nelson programmed Excalibur Game Time digital clock to serve as an inexpensive augment to my cherry wood Duel Timer that I used in serious tournament matches. The clock was always stored in its original fitted bubble wrap and carton, and still looks and functions as new after all these years.

Keep it Complete Regards,
John
Steve B
Site Admin

Post by Steve B »

Cyberchess wrote: Keep it Complete

The Golden Rule That Every Collector ....

Lives By Regards
Steve