DGT sensitivity ---HELP!!!

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
chesspcmac

DGT sensitivity ---HELP!!!

Post by chesspcmac »

I bought a used USB DGT board. Long story short...... The computer PC recognizes all the pieces without any problem. BUT my DGTpi doesn't recognize the pawn in f6.
F6 recognizes all the pieces but no the pawns, sensitivity issues??? I have a windows 98 running, I downloaded BTWIN from DGT - to adjust sensitivity in individual squares but it doesn't have an ".exe" file, so it can not be run.

Any Ideas???

If it is not one thing is the other REGARDS

Mike
"Sir, the slowness of genius is hard to bear, but the slowness of mediocrity is insufferable"

Henry Thomas Buckle
Scally

Post by Scally »

Hi Mike,

Are these repair manuals of any use, especially the 2nd link -
Repair of an e-board?

http://www.digitalgametechnology.com/in ... ir-manuals

Cheers,

Al.
Santito

Post by Santito »

Are you using a desktop or laptop? Sometimes deskptop power supply causes interference.
chesspcmac

Post by chesspcmac »

Scally, Santito, thanks for the answers guys. I have no problem with the desktop whatsoever. The problem is withe PC there is no problems but when I use the USB board with the DGTpi it takes like 15-20 seconds to recognize the pawn on f6, if I place the knight or any other piece on F6 DGTPI recognizes the piece immediately.
The problem I have with my PC windows XP PRO (i mentioned 98 in my previous post but it was an error) is that I downloaded BTWIN from DGT - to adjust sensitivity in individual squares but it doesn't have an ".exe" file, so it can not be run. Maybe I have to use a more modern windows version.

Nothing works like a dedicated Chess computer REGARDS

Mike
"Sir, the slowness of genius is hard to bear, but the slowness of mediocrity is insufferable"

Henry Thomas Buckle
dedicate computers

DGT sensitivity

Post by dedicate computers »

Scally, Santito, thanks for the answers guys. I have no problem with the desktop whatsoever. The problem is withe PC there is no problems but when I use the USB board with the DGTpi it takes like 15-20 seconds to recognize the pawn on f6, if I place the knight or any other piece on F6 DGTPI recognizes the piece immediately.
The problem I have with my PC windows XP PRO (i mentioned 98 in my previous post but it was an error) is that I downloaded BTWIN from DGT - to adjust sensitivity in individual squares but it doesn't have an ".exe" file, so it can not be run. Maybe I have to use a more modern windows version.
Hello,
If I understand, you can to try do the procedure physically, opening the compartment where is the connected to board with the motherboard. Has the sensitivity adjustment of the pieces.
Regards
Oswaldo

chesspcmac

Post by chesspcmac »

Thanks Oswaldo, I will try that. Will see what happens

Grateful for the help Regards

Henry Thomas Buckle