New 'Wood' machine from MILLENNIUM

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
Scally

Post by Scally »

mclane wrote:Also I am still waiting for different time controls than blitz 90 and average 90 on the DGT pi.
Hi McClane,

Game Time 90 and Move Time 90 have been available for a while now plus plenty of other time controls, what level of PicoChess are you on?

Cheers,

Al.
mclane

Post by mclane »

The one that came with the machine.
Mostly I am playing 40/120 20/60, but my DGT Pi supports only
Blitz 90‘ and average 90“ as maximal setting.

Is DGT not updating the machine with a later software ?
What seems like a fairy tale today may be reality tomorrow.
Here we have a fairy tale of the day after tomorrow....
lexman

Post by lexman »

According to the german site the new update for the exclusive will be the king 2.61 which won the dutch championship in 1998
mclane

Post by mclane »

A new engine would be interesting.

I read that Millennium Chess Genius Exclusive did a good Job against a reflection module, emulating the old Richard Lang software at higher speed.
Anybody knows more about it ?!
Scally

Post by Scally »

mclane wrote:Is DGT not updating the machine with a later software ?
The DGT Pi runs PicoChess which I believe started on version 0.75, there have been several updates since then, v0.76 through to 0.89 then 0.9a to the current 0.9J.

There are now 11 Engines, which are the latest Versions of Stockfish 8, Texel, Arasan, Rodent III, Zurichess, WyldChess, Galjoen, Sayuri, Floyd, Cinnamon & Robocide.

The test system is added to daily. I’m away soon until near the end of November, so please refer any questions to the PicoChess forums at https://groups.google.com/forum/m/#!forum/picochess. (Click on the whole line not just the highlighted text)

For the latest information on PicoChess see the website at http://picochess.com or click on the link in my signature.

Cheers,

Al.
Sargon1972

Post by Sargon1972 »

Hello Thorsten.

well look on http://forum.chesseval.com/ for more info what u search

Kr,Hans
Hello
I am from Netherlands and many years involved with computerchess
It,s a way of life i suppose :p

Kr,Hans
mclane

Post by mclane »

Scally wrote:
mclane wrote:Is DGT not updating the machine with a later software ?
The DGT Pi runs PicoChess which I believe started on version 0.75, there have been several updates since then, v0.76 through to 0.89 then 0.9a to the current 0.9J.

There are now 11 Engines, which are the latest Versions of Stockfish 8, Texel, Arasan, Rodent III, Zurichess, WyldChess, Galjoen, Sayuri, Floyd, Cinnamon & Robocide.

The test system is added to daily. I’m away soon until near the end of November, so please refer any questions to the PicoChess forums at https://groups.google.com/forum/m/#!forum/picochess. (Click on the whole line not just the highlighted text)

For the latest information on PicoChess see the website at http://picochess.com or click on the link in my signature.

Cheers,

Al.

This is all nice but the website picochess says strange things:
Basically i did that cause some people (especially people with old chess computers) wanted to get something like 2h/game or 2h/40moves. Tournament time controls are still not done – and frankly that will take some time – but having such long time controls allows a feeling of 2h/game. 90mins + 40*30secs = 110mins , thats similar to 2h. I’m aware thats not exactly the same

????

This is a joke isn’t it ?

Same with permanent brain, read yourself:
One big thing that has always been missing from this area is “permanent brain”. With “permanent brain” the computer is thinking ahead on your time. If supposes that you will play the pondering move (=what the engine expects as your move) and thinking about what to answer when you really follow this suggestion. With old chess computers that makes the program alot stronger and also allows it to save time. Due to a odd implementation of the underlying uci protocol this can’t be achieved the same way with uci engines. When picochess begin to search i have to give the times of the player and engine already 🙁 So, if you think longer, you can image (its not really so – but easier to understand) both clocks are running internally. That basically makes the engine answer your move quicker as in normal mode. So the time management of the engine is not as good as in old ages. But having this mode makes it spare the time for the following moves, thats already a big step ahead!

That the second joke.

Sometimes it looks as if technology today is a step backwards.

Permanent Brain and 40/120 time controls came into our computerchess world when ? 1981 ?! With mark v.

And raspberry pi / picochess / DGT pi is from when ?

2017 ?

That is 36 years !!
Scally

Post by Scally »

Hi again,

If you had read it a bit more, you would have seen that:

1) Most time controls have been added, however you can add your own in the picochess.ini file.

2) All our Engines use the UCI protocol but not all Engine Developers have included the UCI protocol for ponder or searchmoves, so although Permanent Brain has been implemented, not all Engines support it yet. An issue has been raised and the relevant Engine Developers contacted - https://github.com/jromang/picochess/issues/248

Cheers,

Al.
Ladyhawk

Post by Ladyhawk »

blaubaer wrote:Hi Steve and all,

when you are on that topschach.de site anyway, look at the third item under "Schachcomputer" the "ChessGenius Exclusive DGT Brett Emulator" - that's an emulator, which communicates over the DGT rabbit plugin with all chess programs which support a DGT board (Chessbase, Fritz etc). It will have LED support.

But: They will give this software for free to their MCGExclusive customers only...

Available from August 15th on.

Regards, Michael
I bought a chess set on topschach.de, hoping to get a download link for this, but I didn't get any.

Can someone give me a working download link for this 'ChessGenius Exclusive DGT Board Emulator' please.
blaubaer

Post by blaubaer »

Hi Jonathan and all,
I fear that there is no working file existent - lots of empty promises since I found that non reliable announcement - don't fall for that wrong advertisement - I gave up…
Regards Michael
TracySMiller

Post by TracySMiller »

blaubaer wrote:Hi Jonathan and all,
I fear that there is no working file existent - lots of empty promises since I found that non reliable announcement - don't fall for that wrong advertisement - I gave up…
Regards Michael
This doesn't work for you? https://www.topschach.de/chessgenius-ex ... anguage=en
blaubaer

Post by blaubaer »

Exactly that advertisement...does it work for you? Regards Michael
Schachmeister

Post by Schachmeister »

Hi Michael,

this company has been advertising the so-called „emulator“ for almost 3 years, but never presented any evidence about its alleged existence

the comments in this section of the post have been Edited Out By Moderation Team as they are in violation of the forum policy stated here:

http://hiarcs.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p=96609#96609

Good news for all chess computer enthusiasts:
Millennium 2000 is currently developing an online chess interface for their Exclusive board as well as the King Performance, which will be compatible with various chess platforms (Lichess, Chess24, ...).

Regards from Munich,
Ossi Weiner
Schachmeister

Post by Schachmeister »

Interesting article just been published:

https://www.chesstech.org/2020/an-acces ... line-play/
esinger

Post by esinger »

That's good news. I bought a used Lasker King Exclusive a little less than a month ago and was a bit disappointed in lack of connectivity options. I also bought the chesslink and was surprised it only supported bluetooth for Mac OS and nothing else. Hopefully they will pick up momentum and support will skyrocket.