For Spacious Mind

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
Fernando
Admiral of the Fleet

For Spacious Mind

Post by Fernando »

As that guy say, "are you serious?" Are you saying that machines like Alexandra and Ivan are above 1900 Elo?
Or did I read badly?

Fern
Festina Lente
paulwise3

Post by paulwise3 »

Fern,

I am not sure what your point is, but the Alexandra could be over 1800 USCF elo. And the Ivan (clone of Igor) certainly is.

Spacious regards,
Paul
2024 Special thread: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12741
2024 Special results and standings: https://schaakcomputers.nl/paul_w/Tourn ... 25_06.html
If I am mistaken, it must be caused by a horizon effect...
Fernando
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Fernando »

paulwise3 wrote:Fern,

I am not sure what your point is, but the Alexandra could be over 1800 USCF elo. And the Ivan (clone of Igor) certainly is.

Spacious regards,
Paul
No point at all, just surprise as much to date I have always seen those machines as 1650 or so at best.
Festina Lente
paulwise3

Post by paulwise3 »

Fernando wrote:
paulwise3 wrote:Fern,

Spacious regards,
Paul
No point at all, just surprise as much to date I have always seen those machines as 1650 or so at best.
On the wiki-elo-liste the Alexandra has a rating of 1650, and the Ivan is considered to be a clone of Igor / Grandmaster, with a rating of more then 1800. On tournament level maybe even over 1900.

Pity about the Alexandra is that it has no ponder-option, which makes it weaker.

Did Ron Nelson say something about the Ivan?

Pondering regards, Paul
(anyway, time to go to bed here in the Netherlands...)
2024 Special thread: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12741
2024 Special results and standings: https://schaakcomputers.nl/paul_w/Tourn ... 25_06.html
If I am mistaken, it must be caused by a horizon effect...