HIARCS Chess Explorer 1.9.1 Bug

Get your specific HIARCS/Junior support questions answered here as well as up-to-the-minute news!

Moderators: Watchman, Mark Uniacke, mrudolf

Fahad

HIARCS Chess Explorer 1.9.1 Bug

Post by Fahad »

I got a bug in HIARCS Chess Explorer 1.9.1 (New!)... When i open HIARCS Chess Explorer 1.9.1 it opening with not responding watch below video

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTTVE4ywtHU[/youtube]
Mark Uniacke
Hiarcs Author

Post by Mark Uniacke »

So the issue you are encountering is HCE takes many seconds to start up.

This is not an issue I have heard reported before.

I notice from your video that the CPU usage on your system is very high near 100% that seems very odd, when I start HCE 1.9.1 it starts within about a second on all my Windows 7 computers, I do notice on my Windows 10 laptop with a fanless mobile chip it takes 3-4 seconds (win10 does scan much more before starting apps).

If you have any internet security/anti virus software installed, that may be verifying HCE components when they run. Please make sure you tell your security software it is ok to run hiarcs-ce and HIARCS Chess Explorer executables by marking them as trusted otherwise they may be scanned every time they start.

Do you have anything else running on the system which could be taking CPU resources?

If the problem persists please email me a screenshot of the task manager listed in cpu usage order when this issue is occurring. Also do you notice anything else other than HIARCS Chess Explorer or hiarcs-ce at the top of the CPU usage list when HCE is trying to start, if so what? As that may be the issue.
Best wishes,
Mark

https://www.hiarcs.com
Fahad

Post by Fahad »

You are right the problem is in Win10 and antivirus i am using avast premier which is a total security. that antivirus making this problem anyway it's taking up to 6sec it's doesn't matter.

Thanks
mkp1151

Bug in HCE 1.9.1(?)

Post by mkp1151 »

I just looked at the video attached to Fahad's post, on YouTube, in fullscreen mode. I notice that Fahad is running Stockfish 8 64 as his chess engine of choice. I wonder if there might be an issue with this engine not "playing nice" with HCE 1.9.1.

I will say that have experienced, on very rare occasions, instances where HCE 1.9.1's opening book failed to load when I launched HCE 1.9.1. It's happened maybe 3 or 4 times out of the 300-400 times I've launched the program since I bought it in October. The problem has always gone away when I closed HCE and then re-launched it. Whenever I play games in HCE, I always use the Deep HIARCS 14 engine, although I do have Stockfish 8 64 loaded as an alternate engine.

I'm certainly no expert, but I wonder if it might just be worth checking out to see if Stockfish 8 64 might be the culprit here...
chess666

Post by chess666 »

No, SF 8 work very well on HCE !
Fahad

Post by Fahad »

chess666 wrote:No, SF 8 work very well on HCE !
me too working well houdini 5 also working well :)
John_Grabowski

Hiarcs 1.9.1 update for Mac

Post by John_Grabowski »

Could someone point me to the link? I can't find it, even when I ask Google.

Thanks.
monomero

Post by monomero »

Hello, same problem here (Windows 10 Anniversary).

The app actually crashes the kernelbase.dll:
Exception code: 0xe06d7363
Offset error: 0x000eb802

It should be related to a driver / service, since this does not happen when working in safe mode.
“Not all artists are Chess players, but all Chess players are artists” (Marcel Duchamp)
monomero

Post by monomero »

Hi ! :-)

I noticed there are two copies of Chess Explorer installed:
the first one is placed in a folder called HCE, the second one in a folder called HIARCS Chess Explorer.

I have no idea why since I installed the software just once, but ...
the interesting part is that the executable in HIARC Chess explorer folder crashes, while the other one in the HCE folder does not.

The version which does not crash is apparently the 1.9 (not 1.9.1).
“Not all artists are Chess players, but all Chess players are artists” (Marcel Duchamp)
monomero

Post by monomero »

for your information, the very same issue is still present in the version 1.9.2

at least on my machine
Simon

Post by Simon »

I have this issue as well. When I last installed Windows HIARCS worked fine until I installed more programs then this problem occurred. I suspect Microsoft Office or Adobe Creative Cloud were involved. I shall clean install Windows soon and do more tests to try narrow down the cause.

The crash dumps which appear during the Chess Explorer launch are here for anyone who would like to take a look: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x1a872paqmhg ... xOmba?dl=0
herO

Re: HIARCS Chess Explorer 1.9.1 Bug

Post by herO »

Fahad wrote:I got a bug in HIARCS Chess Explorer 1.9.1 (New!)... When i open HIARCS Chess Explorer 1.9.1 it opening with not responding watch below video

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTTVE4ywtHU[/youtube]
I have exactly the same problem.