Looking to sell my Chesster Phantom "Eyeball" (612

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
chessterphantom

Looking to sell my Chesster Phantom "Eyeball" (612

Post by chessterphantom »

Hi all! I'm not sure if this is the right place for this, but I'm really just trying to find out what my Chesster Phantom is worth, and I heard this might be a good place to ask. I can't seem to find any that have sold on eBay recently.

I got this Chesster Phantom ages ago as a Christmas present, and it's been in a box in my closet for years, if not decades. I recently opened it up and it's in great shape, has all the pieces, and works just as it should. Only thing that's missing is the clear plastic dome that I believe it had originally.

Any idea where I could sell it, and approximately what it's worth? Thanks for any help!
Fernando
Admiral of the Fleet

Re: Looking to sell my Chesster Phantom "Eyeball"

Post by Fernando »

chessterphantom wrote:Hi all! I'm not sure if this is the right place for this, but I'm really just trying to find out what my Chesster Phantom is worth, and I heard this might be a good place to ask. I can't seem to find any that have sold on eBay recently.

I got this Chesster Phantom ages ago as a Christmas present, and it's been in a box in my closet for years, if not decades. I recently opened it up and it's in great shape, has all the pieces, and works just as it should. Only thing that's missing is the clear plastic dome that I believe it had originally.

Any idea where I could sell it, and approximately what it's worth? Thanks for any help!
I presume 400-500 bucks should be the price, but the guy that really knows here is Steven Blincoe. Maybe I am totally out of target.
F
Festina Lente
Steve B
Site Admin

Post by Steve B »

Fernando wrote: I presume 400-500 bucks should be the price, but the guy that really knows here is Steven B. Maybe I am totally out of target.
F
$500 sounds about right assuming it has:
Original box
power supply
original manual
pieces and the box for pieces
pieces should include 2 pawn caps(2 white-2 black.. to denote promoted pawns)

if any of those are missing the price...
Drops From There Regards
Steve
chessterphantom

Fernando wrote:
chessterphantom wrote:Hi all! I'm not sure if this is the right place for this, but I'm really just trying to find out what my Chesster Phantom is worth, and I heard this might be a good place to ask. I can't seem to find any that have sold on eBay recently.

I presume 400-500 bucks should be the price, but the guy that really knows here is Steven Blincoe. Maybe I am totally out of target.
F
Okay, thanks very much. I somehow thought it was worth more, I guess I'll keep it.
Fernando
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Fernando »

chessterphantom wrote:
Fernando wrote:

F
Okay, thanks very much. I somehow thought it was worth more, I guess I'll keep it.

Do not imagine the price I calculated and that Steve considered Ok is a result of greed or roughness. The market is scarce of Phantom, But there are literally hundreds of chess computer competing for the same tiny market of old farts interested in them,
If you do not play it, better sell it. In time what will happens is that its internals will deteriorate and the contrivance will not work at all.
Festina Lente
chessterphantom

Fernando wrote:
chessterphantom wrote:
Fernando wrote:

F

Do not imagine the price I calculated and that Steve considered Ok is a result of greed or roughness. The market is scarce of Phantom, But there are literally hundreds of chess computer competing for the same tiny market of old farts interested in them,
If you do not play it, better sell it. In time what will happens is that its internals will deteriorate and the contrivance will not work at all.
Thanks, that's an excellent point. I hadn't considered that it will deteriorate. I think I might end up putting it up on eBay and let the market decide what it's worth. Thanks again.