Is that the real Kaare Danielsen??

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
Yarc

Post by Yarc »

I have a black portable Adv SC and it's definitely one of my favourite machines. Many years ago used to have a grey SC but sold it to get the Advanced version. Nowadays would not sell, but was not wealthy in those days. Mind you, not wealthy nowadays either :wink: I was not aware of a grey Advanced version.

I agree with Steve B, it certainly is loaded with features. One interesting option is being able to set one of four (I think) different styles of play: Normal, Aggressive, Very Aggressive and Positional. Apparently it can also solve mate in 12 problems. I remember trying but after a week gave up waiting. This was a bit too ambitious for it!

Loaded with features regards
Ray
spacious_mind

Post by spacious_mind »

Martin Hertz wrote:Thanks! It's around 700000 in midgame and up to 1,2 million nodes/sec at 3.3 GHz. In the original Turbo-Chess
the nodes display output goes wrong at very fast speed, so I've fixed the problem in the source code and
recompiled it with the fastest compiler options. If sombody wants to have this version along with the book as
PDF, please send me a PM with your email address.

Million Nodes Regards
Hi Martin,

Yes, can you send me a copy please.

Thanks
Nick
Nick
Fernando
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Fernando »

Martin Hertz wrote:Thanks! It's around 700000 in midgame and up to 1,2 million nodes/sec at 3.3 GHz. In the original Turbo-Chess
the nodes display output goes wrong at very fast speed, so I've fixed the problem in the source code and
recompiled it with the fastest compiler options. If sombody wants to have this version along with the book as
PDF, please send me a PM with your email address.

Million Nodes Regards
I DO!!!!!!!
Festina Lente
Martin Hertz

Post by Martin Hertz »

Fern, I've tried already via your email, but got an failure message.
Fernando
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Fernando »

Martin Hertz wrote:Fern, I've tried already via your email, but got an failure message.
try dropbox
Festina Lente
Martin Hertz

Post by Martin Hertz »

spacious_mind wrote:
Hi Martin,

Yes, can you send me a copy please.

Thanks
Nick
Send via mail