Today I am 68

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
Dave C

B-day Celebrations

Post by Dave C »

Thank you. It was a good day...lots of food and fun with family. Too much food.... I need to start a diet.... tomorrow...

To top off the celebrations....my wife made a comment about buying an Elite Avante Garde for me as a belated B-day gift. :shock:

65...regards,
Dave
Larry

Re: B-day Celebrations

Post by Larry »

Dave C wrote:Thank you. It was a good day...lots of food and fun with family. Too much food.... I need to start a diet.... tomorrow...

To top off the celebrations....my wife made a comment about buying an Elite Avante Garde for me as a belated B-day gift. :shock:

65...regards,
Dave[/quote
Sorry, forgot to mention happy birthday to Dave too.
Hope you get an Avant Garde.
L
Bryan Whitby

Post by Bryan Whitby »

To Dave & Fern

Hope you both enjoyed your birthday celebrations yesterday and fingers crossed there will be many more ahead.

Both of you keep posting those excellent posts, it's always the Hiarcs forum I read first whilst having my breakfast.

Happy birthday to you both.

Best wishes
Bryan
ricard60

Post by ricard60 »

Happy Birthday also to Dave and Fern,

Wish for both many more healthy years to come and keep up the good post.

Best regards
Ricardo
paulwise3

Post by paulwise3 »

Hi Fern,

I hope you have recovered well from all the eating and drinking! :-P
I wish you and your family many more years in good health and enjoying your chesscomputers. Apparently I already gave you a birthdaypresent without knowing ;-).
And keep up the posting, you are one of those that keep this forum alive and kicking!

@Dave, congrats too, I hope you get your Avant Garde soon!
Edit: And as for the diet: there is a Spanish saying for starting it: Mañana!
(which you can repeat every day...:-P)

Becoming 70 in july regards,
Paul
2024 Special thread: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12741
2024 Special results and standings: https://schaakcomputers.nl/paul_w/Tourn ... 25_06.html
If I am mistaken, it must be caused by a horizon effect...
spacious_mind

Post by spacious_mind »

Fernando wrote:
spacious_mind wrote:Such a happy couple and what a lovely tropical summer background. Add a glass of Chilean red wine and cake and you can't get much better than that to celebrate your 68th Birthday Fern! :wink:

Best regards
Tropical? Nick, this is country with a weather completely different to tropical. Not because behind my back there is a tree or plants you must at once imagine gorillas and chimpanzees lurking around., hahaha.
Santiago where I live is like California.
Ha! on my map you are an inch away from T.O. Capricorn.. that's close enough :lol: Besides you feel chillier because of those big ass mountains which I see here on a postcard backdrop.

Just wondering... the shirt a b'day gift from Steve B? :P

It's a small map... regards
Nick
Steve B
Site Admin

Re: B-day Celebrations

Post by Steve B »

Dave C wrote:To top off the celebrations....my wife made a comment about buying an Elite Avante Garde for me as a belated B-day gift.
your a lucky man Dave
took me 3 wives to get to that point

Finding A Mate In 3 Regards
Steve
Fernando
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Fernando »

spacious_mind wrote:
Fernando wrote:
spacious_mind wrote:Such a happy couple and what a lovely tropical summer background. Add a glass of Chilean red wine and cake and you can't get much better than that to celebrate your 68th Birthday Fern! :wink:

Best regards
Tropical? Nick, this is country with a weather completely different to tropical. Not because behind my back there is a tree or plants you must at once imagine gorillas and chimpanzees lurking around., hahaha.
Ha! on my map you are an inch away from T.O. Capricorn.. that's close enough :lol: Besides you feel chillier because of those big ass mountains which I see here on a postcard backdrop.

No. I bought it personally in one of my trips to the apple. Steve, when he gives me something, is always a chess comp.
BTW, Chile is so long that if the North is near Capricorn., the south is near the pole. Santiago is in the middle, Mediterranean kind of climate....before global warming.
F
Festina Lente
spacious_mind

Post by spacious_mind »

Fernando wrote:
spacious_mind wrote:
Fernando wrote:

Best regards

No. I bought it personally in one of my trips to the apple. Steve, when he gives me something, is always a chess comp.
BTW, Chile is so long that if the North is near Capricorn., the south is near the pole. Santiago is in the middle, Mediterranean kind of climate....before global warming.
F
Yes, I know I always wanted to go to Chile when I lived for a year Brasil but never got around to it. Someone had told me that you have these hot springs in the top of the Andean Mountains in which you could bathe which sounded cool. Can't remember though if that was in Chile or further north. I think Chile. The closest I got to Chile was Paraguay and Argentina.

Missed opportunities...regards
Nick
spacious_mind

Post by spacious_mind »

Actually I think I might have been thinking about Peru and hot springs:

No forget it... it is Ecuador I wanted to go to!! :shock:

I am positive now... it definitely wasn't in Chile!

That looks like the water in my washing machine.... either that or people bathe a lot outdoors with the gorillas! .... lmao...

Just joking Fern... :P
Nick
SirDave

Post by SirDave »

A belated happy birthday to the birthday boys, Dave & Fern. If either of you are the least bit concerned with aging, do what I do: Imagine if a 75 or 78 year old was told they could suddenly be 65 or 68 again! :)
Fernando
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Fernando »

SirDave wrote:A belated happy birthday to the birthday boys, Dave & Fern. If either of you are the least bit concerned with aging, do what I do: Imagine if a 75 or 78 year old was told they could suddenly be 65 or 68 again! :)
I am not concerned by age, BUT for the things it brings: poverty, sexual declination, sadness, deterioration of mental acumen and ugliness in all its forms...
Apart of that, all is OK ...

Fern
Festina Lente
Steve B
Site Admin

Post by Steve B »

Fernando wrote:

I am not concerned by age, BUT for the things it brings: poverty, sexual declination, sadness, deterioration of mental acumen and ugliness in all its forms...
Fern

just make me 38 again and I will gladly accept all of those defects in return

Youth Is Everything Regards
Steve
Larry

Post by Larry »

Just talking about age with my wife the other day. We figure we were
born maybe a half century too soon. Now we have an ocean of
information with time enough to absorb nothing but the tiniest amount
of it. I am still on wife #1 and turning 70 in June
L
Fernando
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Fernando »

Larry wrote:Just talking about age with my wife the other day. We figure we were
born maybe a half century too soon. Now we have an ocean of
information with time enough to absorb nothing but the tiniest amount
of it. I am still on wife #1 and turning 70 in June
L
One wife is always cheaper than 2 or more.
Cheapest, of course, is not having none.

Too late regards
Fern
Festina Lente