HIARCS Chess Forums Forum Index HIARCS Chess Forums
World Championship winning computer chess software program & downloads for chess database, analysis and play on PC, Mac and iPhone

QuestionsQuestions   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 

Chess Wizard and Perfect Chess
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HIARCS Chess Forums Forum Index -> Main Lobby / General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author
paulwise3

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

paulwise3 wrote:

About the IQ IV: indeed it looks like a Pearl or a Crystal/Condor, the same nice board size. But the technical specs are much better. For instance, it solves mate in 6 (12 ply). If you look at Hein's item (we wrote it together), you will see that the specs seem most closely related to the Novag Agate and the Novag Opal II.

Hi Nick,

As I mentioned before, if you look at the manual for the IQ IV, it is definitely stronger then the Pearl or Crystal/Condor. It has a 16 kb ROM and 768 byte RAM. And looking at the levels it has, it must be the same program as the Agate and/or the Opal II.

It is nice to have this one with a reasonable club player strength and an attractive board size.

Best regards,
Paul
spacious_mind

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

paulwise3 wrote:
paulwise3 wrote:

About the IQ IV: indeed it looks like a Pearl or a Crystal/Condor, the same nice board size. But the technical specs are much better. For instance, it solves mate in 6 (12 ply). If you look at Hein's item (we wrote it together), you will see that the specs seem most closely related to the Novag Agate and the Novag Opal II.

Hi Nick,

As I mentioned before, if you look at the manual for the IQ IV, it is definitely stronger then the Pearl or Crystal/Condor. It has a 16 kb ROM and 768 byte RAM. And looking at the levels it has, it must be the same program as the Agate and/or the Opal II.

It is nice to have this one with a reasonable club player strength and an attractive board size.

Best regards,
Paul

If it has the specs that you provided then that certainly would be an improvement to Pearl etc Smile

Best regards
paulwise3

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spacious_mind wrote:
paulwise3 wrote:
paulwise3 wrote:

Hi Nick,

Best regards,
Paul

If it has the specs that you provided then that certainly would be an improvement to Pearl etc Smile

Best regards

Yep Smile.
I have the original manual, and also did some tests.

Best regards,
Paul
spacious_mind

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is another pretty rare Novag.

It is the same as Mickey's 4 - in - 1 as seen here from except of course in yellow:

http://hiarcs.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8277&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

Novag 4-in-1 Computer Game

It plays Bingo, Chess, Draughts and Naughts and Crosses (XOX).

Best regards
Chessmaster Ireland

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spacious_mind wrote:
Chessmaster Ireland wrote:
Hi Nick

I remember contributing here quite a long time ago about Novag Chess Wizards so somewhere there are more photos. In the meantime I just found this. http://www.schaakcomputers.nl/hein_veldhuis/database/files/06-1996%20[O-1901]%20Novag%20-%20Chess%20Wizard%20IQ%20IV.pdf

Jeannine Curran (Auge) advised me when she sent me a 2Robot to test that their new brand 'Perfect Technology' was to be a cheaper alternative to their usual more expensive Novag brand.

Regards
Bryan

HI Bryan,

Thanks for the link to Hein's place. I forgot he had written something about them.

Since Chess Wizard did IQ II, IV and V. It makes you wonder if there are such things as IQ I and IQ III.

Best regards

Hi Nick

You wondered if there was a IQ I, well here it is currently on eBay Spain.

Regards
Bryan

spacious_mind

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spacious_mind wrote:
Hi Nick

I remember contributing here quite a long time ago about Novag Chess Wizards so somewhere there are more photos. In the meantime I just found this. http://www.schaakcomputers.nl/hein_veldhuis/database/files/06-1996%20[O-1901]%20Novag%20-%20Chess%20Wizard%20IQ%20IV.pdf

Jeannine Curran (Auge) advised me when she sent me a 2Robot to test that their new brand 'Perfect Technology' was to be a cheaper alternative to their usual more expensive Novag brand.

Regards
Bryan

HI Bryan,

Thanks for the link to Hein's place. I forgot he had written something about them.

Since Chess Wizard did IQ II, IV and V. It makes you wonder if there are such things as IQ I and IQ III.

Best regards

Hi Nick

You wondered if there was a IQ I, well here it is currently on eBay Spain.

Regards
Bryan

Hi Bryan,

Argh been tied up with work last couple of weeks and missed your post.. Probably I am too late now... but glad to see that an IQ1 actually existed.

Best regards
Nick
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HIARCS Chess Forums Forum Index -> Main Lobby / General Discussions All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: