Where is Monsieur Plastique??

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
Fernando
Admiral of the Fleet

Where is Monsieur Plastique??

Post by Fernando »

I do not see a post from him since long ago. I hope it is just my known capabilities of distractions.

Fern
Festina Lente
Steve B
Site Admin

Re: Where is Monsieur Plastique??

Post by Steve B »

Fernando wrote:I do not see a post from him since long ago. I hope it is just my known capabilities of distractions.

Fern
After the great Nelson debate...when Nelson set the record straight ..he was proven wrong on some of his opinions and sadly had some words with members here and asked that his account be closed

Sigh Regards
Steve
Fernando
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Fernando »

Steve B wrote:
Fernando wrote:I do not see a post from him since long ago. I hope it is just my known capabilities of distractions.

Fern
After the great Nelson debate...when Nelson set the record straight ..he was proven wrong on some of his opinions and sadly had some words with members here and asked that his account be closed

Sigh Regards
Steve
I did not know. What a pity. I supposed people of our age are enough experienced and hard skinned to tolerate some harsh words and stay put.

Every day I forget something and I learn something regards
Fern
Festina Lente
Bryan Whitby

Post by Bryan Whitby »

Funny I was only thinking about him before Fern posted.
It's a shame that he requested that his account be closed as he always wrote interesting posts.
SirDave

Post by SirDave »

I hate to see this happen. It is the downside of the limitations of forum communications. Misunderstandings occur and there is no easy way to defuse the situation before unexpected consequences follow. Jon is good people and made major contributions here. I hope he'll return some time before too long. This community is small enough as it is.

He Is Missed Regards,
Dave
Fernando
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Fernando »

This is a tiny place populated mostly by grown up gentlemen and so we must stick together even if sometimes we fight and disagree and even more. A pity Monsieur decided to go. If by chance he knows we miss him, perhaps he should reconsider and come back. No shame on that. We all have the right to get angry and take harsh decisions, but on the same account we have the right to unmake those decisions.

Fern
Festina Lente
Larry

Post by Larry »

Fernando wrote:
Steve B wrote:

Fern

I did not know. What a pity. I supposed people of our age are enough experienced and hard skinned to tolerate some harsh words and stay put.

Every day I forget something and I learn something regards
Fern
I also didn't know about a falling out, and I've also been missing Jon.
I met him and his brother briefly, both smart guys. But smart people
have a tendency to be sensitive.
L
Dave C

Post by Dave C »

Fernando wrote:This is a tiny place populated mostly by grown up gentlemen and so we must stick together even if sometimes we fight and disagree and even more. A pity Monsieur decided to go. If by chance he knows we miss him, perhaps he should reconsider and come back. No shame on that. We all have the right to get angry and take harsh decisions, but on the same account we have the right to unmake those decisions.

Fern
Yes, I agree with you Fern. We all enjoy chess and have a collecting mania and part of the enjoyment is having our forum friends to bounce ideas around with, discuss debatable issues and, yes, sometimes argue a little. Avoiding harsh criticism seems a part of our mutual consideration and respect for each other.

Hoping Jon returns...regards.
Dave
paulwise3

Post by paulwise3 »

Dave C wrote:
Fernando wrote:This is a tiny place populated mostly by grown up gentlemen and so we must stick together even if sometimes we fight and disagree and even more. A pity Monsieur decided to go. If by chance he knows we miss him, perhaps he should reconsider and come back. No shame on that. We all have the right to get angry and take harsh decisions, but on the same account we have the right to unmake those decisions.

Fern
Yes, I agree with you Fern. We all enjoy chess and have a collecting mania and part of the enjoyment is having our forum friends to bounce ideas around with, discuss debatable issues and, yes, sometimes argue a little. Avoiding harsh criticism seems a part of our mutual consideration and respect for each other.

Hoping Jon returns...regards.
Dave
I can only agree with you all.

Best regards,
Paul
2024 Special thread: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12741
2024 Special results and standings: https://schaakcomputers.nl/paul_w/Tourn ... 25_06.html
If I am mistaken, it must be caused by a horizon effect...
blaubaer

Post by blaubaer »

Dear Monsieur Plastique,

in case you read this: Please return, I like your interesting posts!

Looking forward regards, Michael