Elo human rating of Old Dos engines running in fast comps.

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
Fernando
Admiral of the Fleet

Elo human rating of Old Dos engines running in fast comps.

Post by Fernando »

I wonder how strong the many programs that spacious mind has been running in competitions between them are o should be in an human tounaments.
My experience is very obvious: programs that 30 years ago or more I beated more or less easily running in Atari console or in 286 comps are today, running in fast comps , very hard to beat, if at all.
My guess is that exception made of two or three very weak, ALL the programs that spacious mind play are at least 1900-2000 elo in human terms, several 2100 and not few 2200 or even more.

Your guess?

Fern
Festina Lente
spacious_mind

Re: Elo human rating of Old Dos engines running in fast comp

Post by spacious_mind »

Fernando wrote:I wonder how strong the many programs that spacious mind has been running in competitions between them are o should be in an human tounaments.
My experience is very obvious: programs that 30 years ago or more I beated more or less easily running in Atari console or in 286 comps are today, running in fast comps , very hard to beat, if at all.
My guess is that exception made of two or three very weak, ALL the programs that spacious mind play are at least 1900-2000 elo in human terms, several 2100 and not few 2200 or even more.

Your guess?

Fern
Hi Fern,

My guess in the Division 4 swiss league that I am playing the top ones are probably as strong as 2100-2200 ELO.

Best regards
Nick