Fritz-Do you use deep position analysis?

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
Celadus

Fritz-Do you use deep position analysis?

Post by Celadus »

I have Fritz 10 and often use infinite analysis but never DPA.

Do you use it and why?
Brian B

Re: Fritz-Do you use deep position analysis?

Post by Brian B »

Celadus wrote:I have Fritz 10 and often use infinite analysis but never DPA.

Do you use it and why?
I have Fritz 13 and used to use it for analysis but now use Stockfish exclusively. Stockfish is free, used by GMs for analysis, and is much stronger than Fritz.

Regards,
Brian B
Celadus

Post by Celadus »

Brian B wrote:

Do you use it and why?
I have Fritz 13 and used to use it for analysis but now use Stockfish exclusively. Stockfish is free, used by GMs for analysis, and is much stronger than Fritz.

Regards,
Brian B
That is not my point. Do you use deep position analysis in the fritz 13 gui
regardless of the chosen engine?
Brian B

Post by Brian B »

Celadus wrote:
Brian B wrote:

Do you use it and why?

Regards,
Brian B
Yes, I have used DPA in the past but not for a few years. It can provide you with good analysis, especially if you are seeking lesser value candidate moves that most engines might dismiss. It just took a lot more time than I wanted to spend on a given position. Also, it gave me more information than I knew what to do with, so that had to be managed, too. I used it with some opening preparation and found it easier to just look at a database and see the practical results for those moves along with Stockfish.

DPA regards,
Brian B
Celadus

Post by Celadus »

Brian B wrote:
Celadus wrote:
Brian B wrote:

Do you use it and why?

Regards,
Brian B
Yes, I have used DPA in the past but not for a few years. It can provide you with good analysis, especially if you are seeking lesser value candidate moves that most engines might dismiss. It just took a lot more time than I wanted to spend on a given position. Also, it gave me more information than I knew what to do with, so that had to be managed, too. I used it with some opening preparation and found it easier to just look at a database and see the practical results for those moves along with Stockfish.

DPA regards,
Brian B
ThankYou for your comments