HIARCS Chess Forums Forum Index HIARCS Chess Forums
World Championship winning computer chess software program & downloads for chess database, analysis and play on PC, Mac and iPhone

QuestionsQuestions   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 

I cannot access online books

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HIARCS Chess Forums Forum Index -> HIARCS Customer Support & Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author
herO

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 6:39 am    Post subject: I cannot access online books Reply with quote

I am not able to access GM++, tournament book, human reference book in HCE. Even If I restart application many times, I am only able to access local opening book. I have no problems with internet connection. Are servers offline?
Henryk

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 8:18 am    Post subject: online acces Reply with quote

I have the same diffuculties with opening GM++ , tournament and human reference book .
Harvey Williamson
Site Admin

Full Name: Harvey Williamson

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should be working again now.
luckytrebor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And again the same problem. I am not able to access GM++, tournament book, human reference book in HCE. Why is this happening lately?
herO

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

luckytrebor wrote:
And again the same problem. I am not able to access GM++, tournament book, human reference book in HCE. Why is this happening lately?

Me too.
Mark Uniacke
Hiarcs Author

Full Name: Mark Uniacke

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ISP moved the server last night to a new data centre. It appeared operational after the move at about 1:30am BST. This morning the server was inaccessible. I have contacted the ISP a number of times and they are working on it. It came back briefly this morning around 11am but then was inaccessible again shortly afterwards.

Latest update is they are checking the network configuration. If that is the issue we may be back within the hour, if they find it is the OS it may mean a reimage and the downtime will be longer.

http://www.hiarcs.com
Eelvelt

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:47 am    Post subject: I am not able to access the online opening books Reply with quote

Since this morning the online books are not accessible. I renewed the license code and restarted the program but without success. Something wrong with the server?
herO

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:04 pm    Post subject: Re: I am not able to access the online opening books Reply with quote

Eelvelt wrote:
Since this morning the online books are not accessible. I renewed the license code and restarted the program but without success. Something wrong with the server?

If you renew your subscription, you will get a new licence code. Did you entered the new key in the Preferences->Advanced tab?
Eelvelt

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few hours after my earlier message the online books came back. It must have been a server error. Thanks for your reply.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HIARCS Chess Forums Forum Index -> HIARCS Customer Support & Announcements All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: