Praise for HIARCS' PGN handling

Get your specific HIARCS/Junior support questions answered here as well as up-to-the-minute news!

Moderators: Watchman, Mark Uniacke, mrudolf

EloDeficit

Praise for HIARCS' PGN handling

Post by EloDeficit »

Frankly, there is nothing out there that handles PGNs better than HIARCS.

For example, download one of the puzzles from Chess.com and see how HIARCS hides the solution.

I certainly hope the outstanding PGN handling aspects of HIARCS will remain in the next version.

Thanks!
Wheelman

Post by Wheelman »

Agreed!

To add to what you said,

I downloaded Shredder Classic demo before, and with the demo comes a bit over 1000 puzzles. There is a tactics PGN folder in the demo files.

If I open it with Fritz, I can't seem to hide the solution. Also, the engine keeps switching back on when I move on to the next puzzle.

With Aquarium, there's a nice feature called "demo mode," which hides the moves and makes you guess the correct moves. However, there are a lot of puzzles which have their notation completely deleted, so you can count those puzzles as missing.

In HIARCS, all puzzles are there. It already hides all the moves. All you have to do is flip the board for every new puzzle so you can view from your side, press "go to next move," and then it's your turn (you gotta do that for every puzzle).

HIARCS is just awesome. :)
EloDeficit

Post by EloDeficit »

Wheelman wrote:Agreed!

To add to what you said,

I downloaded Shredder Classic demo before, and with the demo comes a bit over 1000 puzzles. There is a tactics PGN folder in the demo files.

If I open it with Fritz, I can't seem to hide the solution. Also, the engine keeps switching back on when I move on to the next puzzle.

With Aquarium, there's a nice feature called "demo mode," which hides the moves and makes you guess the correct moves. However, there are a lot of puzzles which have their notation completely deleted, so you can count those puzzles as missing.

In HIARCS, all puzzles are there. It already hides all the moves. All you have to do is flip the board for every new puzzle so you can view from your side, press "go to next move," and then it's your turn (you gotta do that for every puzzle).

HIARCS is just awesome. :)
We should also mention: for this to work, the menu View -> Hide next moves needs to be activated.
Wheelman

Post by Wheelman »

EloDeficit wrote:We should also mention: for this to work, the menu View -> Hide next moves needs to be activated.
+1