Mephisto Modular (needs attention) giveaway

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
mauben

Mephisto Modular (needs attention) giveaway

Post by mauben »

I recently bought a Mephisto Modular on ebay. All reeds, module connections and power input properly working, but with the a1-a8 led's always on. I played a game with the Polgar module witohut any issue other than that.

I opened the board and noticed that the a1 (or a8) led has been either replaced or serviced, and that could cause some false contact. I have no idea on what or how could be done to fix the led.

The seller immediately sent me another "bare" Modular sample which works.

I am unable fix the led-impaired Modular and I hate the idea of trashing it, so I would give it to anyone willing to reimburse me in advance the shipping cost to destination. I would ship the package from Rome, Italy, through standard courier.

The Modular has some usage signs on the board (c4, d4, d6) and would be shipped without modules and chessmen.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/mbenphoto ... ed-public/

I thank all for the kind attention.

Best regards,

Mauro
mauben

Post by mauben »

Tr0ntreez

Post by Tr0ntreez »

Hi Mauro,
I'll gladly take it off your hands. I have some mephisto modules but no board! I'm happy to pay shipping to Australia where I live.
Many thanks,
tt