My new exclusive chess genius

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
donkeylane

My new exclusive chess genius

Post by donkeylane »

Well I've taken the plunge and got my new toy,first impressions are good and I intend to get around to playing that match against the R30 shortly,the criteria will be the same as I posted for the R30 -CGPro match ,a 12 game match,it might help to clarify how these 2 computers compare after their respective performances in the high performer computer tournament recently.I will keep the R30 playing style as normal,as it does seem to me,looking at back issues of S/S it does seem to get slightly better results than the other styles. Regards Steve C.
Dave C

Millennium Exclusive is Excellent!

Post by Dave C »

Hi Steve C,

I am looking forward to following the results of your 12 game match. Will the Exclusive be playing at a full 300 MHz?

I found the packaging and presentation of the Exclusive to be first rate. I am interested in your impressions as your mini tournament progresses.

Congratulations on your new dedicated chess computer (not a phrase we get to use very often), :lol:
Dave C.
Sargon1972

Post by Sargon1972 »

Hello Dave,

Well in Q1 2018 there will be a update for the Exclusive as well
regarding to your R30 version?
Personally i would set 2.2 version on Active and 2.5 on normal

If the Exclusive will play full strength i predict a 8-4 win for the Exclusive
This regarding to mine testing of the Exclusive
As for Exclusive i have only test it with Human (Hiarcs) Book ,not the Classical "Londen"Book
Because the Londen is a bit "old"Book and then it can "walk" into the killer lines of R30 Book

Have fun with the games

Kr,Hans
Hello
I am from Netherlands and many years involved with computerchess
It,s a way of life i suppose :p

Kr,Hans
donkeylane

Post by donkeylane »

Hi Dave C.yes I will play the exclusive at the full 300mhz and be using the Hiarcs book,by the way it's great having a backlit screen,very useful for us old chaps with prescription glasses.
dedicate computers

Pieces for Exclusive

Post by dedicate computers »

Well I've taken the plunge and got my new toy,first impressions are good and I intend to get around to playing that match against the R30 shortly,the criteria will be the same as I posted for the R30 -CGPro match ,a 12 game match,it might help to clarify how these 2 computers compare after their respective performances in the high performer computer tournament recently.I will keep the R30 playing style as normal,as it does seem to me,looking at back issues of S/S it does seem to get slightly better results than the other styles. Regards Steve C.

Hello,
I understand that the posting refers to a confrontation between Exclusive x R30, meanwhile, If the board is the same size as the Mephisto Exclusive, I think the pieces should keep the same proportion. My first Impressions of the Exclusive Millenium I have restricted the pieces. Maybe a little big for the board. Maybe the size gets more accentuated for the pawns.
mclane

Post by mclane »

I like these pawns. Reminds me on the early psion chess graphics on Atari st.
What seems like a fairy tale today may be reality tomorrow.
Here we have a fairy tale of the day after tomorrow....
Dave C

Exclusive Info

Post by Dave C »

Sargon1972 wrote:Hello Dave,

Well in Q1 2018 there will be a update for the Exclusive as well

Kr,Hans
Hello Hans,

Thank you for the information and your prediction for the Exclusive vs. R30 tournament.
I understand you are sworn to secrecy - but, should we be expecting a new control module (made with wood?) with a new program in it....or an online download to our current Exclusive control module of a new program? Maybe the answer would give away too much of the secret information for Q1-2018. :wink: I am hoping they will add a De Konig program.
It is very excited to see what Millennium will have for us next year.

Best regards,
Dave
Steve B
Site Admin

Re: My new exclusive chess genius

Post by Steve B »

donkeylane wrote:.I will keep the R30 playing style as normal,as it does seem to me,looking at back issues of S/S it does seem to get slightly better results than the other styles. Regards Steve C.
actually ACTIVE is considered stronger
not sure where in S/S you see that normal is slightly stronger?
i would be interested to see that

three styles were put through the BT 2630 test suites and ACTIVE was clearly stronger

Good Luck With The Tournament Regards
Steve
donkeylane

Post by donkeylane »

Hi Steve,it was actually in one of the back issues regarding playing styles, active,offensive,defensive,solid and normal of the R30, it wasn't a B.T. test it was against a program ,I'll see if I can locate it, and if not I'll call my opticians for an eye test.
Squinting Steve C.
donkeylane

Post by donkeylane »

I have run the second game between the Exclusive and R30 already at normal setting style,without giving away the result just yet,I am going to run the same opening on active style, out of curiosity, not a definitive test I know, I admit a B.T. test could be a more reliable indicator than a set of playing styles against a few programs.
Regards Steve C.
Steve B
Site Admin

Post by Steve B »

donkeylane wrote:I have run the second game between the Exclusive and R30 already at normal setting style,without giving away the result just yet,I am going to run the same opening on active style, out of curiosity, not a definitive test I know, I admit a B.T. test could be a more reliable indicator than a set of playing styles against a few programs.
Regards Steve C.
perfectly fine (and just as interesting)for you to continue your match Tasc(normal) VS MCGE
dosent have to be Active VS MCGE

I was just very curious and interested to see if SS ever had results showing that normal was somewhat stronger or even about the same in strength
i had a subscription to SS for many years and i dont recall seeing a conclusion like that.. its quite possible it did and i just forgot it did
wouldnt be the first time i forgot something..happens more and more these days

Just Getting Old.. Steve C
Regards.. Steve B