No Strelka for CEBoard

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
Alain

No Strelka for CEBoard

Post by Alain »

Hi,

as I have received several requests to make a port of Strelka for CEBoard, I prefer to do a "global" answer : I will not make a version of Strelka for CEBoard, I am too respectful of the work of programmers for that (in this case Rybka's author).

Best regards,
Alain
pgeorges

Post by pgeorges »

Hi

I also had requests to port Strelka to Scid Pocket, and if I release it one day it will be after Rybka's team approval (I don't know if I'd need others authorisation).

Anyway I ported it to Pocket PC today for my own use and it does not seem to be a good engine at all (3 games lost against Toga 1.3.4).

Pascal
Mark

Post by Mark »

I certainly agree that Strelka should not be ported anywhere, however, maybe you could get permission from the Rybka team to port the Rybka beta? I know their plans are to eventually port a current version, but maybe by volunteering to port the beta version and work out the bugs, it could save them some time when they make a current version.

Also, any news on Hiarcs for Pocket PC?

Regards,

Mark
Cubeman

Post by Cubeman »

The latest news on the Hiarcs Palm/PPC version is that they hope to release the new Palm version "soon"(whatever that means) :roll: and the dedicated PPC version will follow sometime in the future maybe?
Any way I have been in contact with Chessbase regarding the new PocketFritz 3 and have learnt that they are still developing it after its bad performance in Argentina in mid 2007.The support person said that they are looking at March or April 2008 to release :lol:
Lets see who will win the race to get the new version to market.
Mark

Post by Mark »

Thanks for the PPC info! I'm glad there will be a dedicated PPC Hiarcs version. That will probably be nicer than running a palm version with Styletap.
Cubeman

Post by Cubeman »

I will refuse to buy Hiarcs under StyleTap so as to force Mark into making a dedicated PPC version.I suspect that alot of his customers currently use the PPC with Styletap interface and he is counting on us to stick with him and so only produce the Palm version.But I won't for many reasons.
1 Styletap is slow.
2 Styletap costs alot of money to install on my new PPC.
3 Styletap is UGLY!!