Milton Bradley Phantom Computer Chess value??

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
jessiegirl

Milton Bradley Phantom Computer Chess value??

Post by jessiegirl »

Hi!

Does anyone know how much the Milton Bradley Phantom Computer Chess Game is worth? (I believe it is a 'Grandmaster' as the power cord says 'for grandmaster'. It has all original chess pieces in box, 1x original user manual in great condition, power cord and acrylic cover (broken). In excellent working condition.

Looking to sell it but the sale price of others is so varied. One on ebay at the moment going for $1999 USD ?!?

Thanks in advance :D
Tr0ntreez

Post by Tr0ntreez »

I got mine for $80 AUD locally - everything mint except the box. I'd say anywhere between $250 - $500 USD for a unit with everything in mint condition. So maybe $100 - $200 USD for an incomplete unit with broken cover.
jessiegirl

Post by jessiegirl »

Thanks heaps, the one going for $1999 USD is in worse cond than mine, no cover - so wonder how they came up with that price! Thats a steal at $80! Wonder if the seller knew how much they are really worth.. lucky for you!
JeffB

Post by JeffB »

Optimism.

There's often a huge disconnect between what a seller would like to get for an item on eBay, and what the buyers are willing to pay. I too sometimes wonder how they come up with those exorbitant prices I so often see. Random number generator, perhaps?
Cheers,

Jeff B.