Mephisto Monaco manual

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
Cubeman

Mephisto Monaco manual

Post by Cubeman »

I have acquired a Mephisto Monaco chess computer in very good condition with original box and manual. The only downside is that the manual is in German and I want an English version. I have looked on Alain Zanchetta site and only see the German version and no option of English. Does anyone know if there is a tabletop equivalent that has the English manual available?
JeffB

Post by JeffB »

I believe the SciSys Express 16k and the Saitek Cavalier have the same software.
Cheers,

Jeff B.
Cubeman

Post by Cubeman »

JeffB wrote:I believe the SciSys Express 16k and the Saitek Cavalier have the same software.
Thanks, I just checked the Alain Zanchetta site and looked at the Scisys Express 16k English manual and see that the computers are virtually identical. I would never of thought to check the manual of another manufacturer.
JeffB

Post by JeffB »

There was a lot of cross-pollination among the chess computer manufacturers.
Cheers,

Jeff B.
Cubeman

Post by Cubeman »

Just one slight difference in the software is that the Monaco only has 16 levels and SciSys Express has 17. The extra level is a mate solving level H.
paulwise3

Post by paulwise3 »

When you are at Alain's site you could also check the Radioshack 1850. According to the wiki-elo-liste it runs the same program.

NB: I just checked the german Monaco manual. It does have a mate solving level H, which is mentioned at page 19. ("G. Einstellen der problemstufe").
2024 Special thread: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12741
2024 Special results and standings: https://schaakcomputers.nl/paul_w/Tourn ... 25_06.html
If I am mistaken, it must be caused by a horizon effect...