Get "The Chess Tutor: Elements of Combination" for

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
franco88

Get "The Chess Tutor: Elements of Combination" for

Post by franco88 »

Hello,
Happy Easter to those who celebrate.
Like some of you from recent posts, I, too, attempted to purchase Leslie Ault's masterpiece book on line at Amazon. I purchased a copy for $112.00 but then was told by the seller it had disappeared during the shipping process??
Instead, he sent me free of charge another fine book in good shape, "The Genesis of Power Chess" also by Leslie Ault, as well as a refund.
I found another copy of "Chess Tutor" for $142, but it also has not arrived.
In search of another copy, I noticed the prices in USA have risen to $500 for hardcover and over $1100 for paperback!
Using Google, I went to a site called "Scribd" and immediately downloaded "Chess Tutor" and am on Chapter 2 already.
I also can print out a hard copy and have it made into a "book" if I so desire. It is 349 pages. I may go to my office later to print out my pdf. So while not the actual book to own I am benefiting from the unique and entertaining information in this amazing book.
In addition, there are almost unlimited chess books that can be read or downloaded from this site and you can cancel the $8.99 per month at any time. All they charge is $8.99 a month for as many books that you would like to read or download, chess or anything else, audiobooks, etc.
Hope this helps those who do not wish to take out a mortgage to find a copy of this rare book to study and enjoy.
jarek

Re: Get "The Chess Tutor: Elements of Combination"

Post by jarek »

franco88 wrote: In search of another copy, I noticed the prices in USA have risen to $500 for hardcover and over $1100 for paperback!
Crazy prices...
I can offer a HC DJ for $110 or 95 EUR (including shipping to US or Europe) if anyone is interested (book condition - VG, jacket - G)
I already sold my paperback to one of forum members here.
cheers
Volodymyr

Post by Volodymyr »

I also downloaded Ault Leslie - The Chess tutor elements of combinations.
A usual book on tactics.I do not understand, maybe a rarity for collectors.
There are a lot of chess books,any stage of the game,I found about 4000.
This is an alternative, several books.

http://www43.zippyshare.com/v/MDOzQ0Q1/file.html
Fernando
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Fernando »

"Chess Training Pocket Book" by Lev Alburt is the very best collection of problems I have ever found, years ago, but I still come back to it to revise problems on the ground that I already forgot the solutions.
It has the advantage it does not say you what to look at, but just you know which side has the move. Very well done, many problems, good explanations and even some humor.

Still available in Amazon at 14.75 bucks

BTW, I knew this guy here in Santiago and we talked a lot in those years before the fall of the URSS about the rol of chess in that country. I never forgot what he said to me

Fern
Festina Lente