Millennium Exclusive not saving ANY settings?

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
lrvalley

Millennium Exclusive not saving ANY settings?

Post by lrvalley »

I just received my Millennium Exclusive. It's gorgeous and fun to play however...

Every time I unplug it to store it, when I plug it back in I have to re-select my language, and turn off sound. This happens even if only unplugged for a day.

Not sure I want to keep this if it can't retain basic settings. In this day and age of electronics, this is inexcusable. Am I missing something?
Four.nine

Re: Millennium Exclusive not saving ANY settings?

Post by Four.nine »

lrvalley wrote: this is inexcusable.
The MCGP: same thing
I have to enter the same thirty keystroke start sequence Every Single Time.

"Oh, but you should be using batteries, 4.9"!!!!!

See how long 3 AAs supply sufficient current to a 120 MHz processor.
Yarc

Re: Millennium Exclusive not saving ANY settings?

Post by Yarc »

lrvalley wrote:I just received my Millennium Exclusive. It's gorgeous and fun to play however...

Every time I unplug it to store it, when I plug it back in I have to re-select my language, and turn off sound. This happens even if only unplugged for a day.

Not sure I want to keep this if it can't retain basic settings. In this day and age of electronics, this is inexcusable. Am I missing something?
Either you have not left it plugged in long enough or it has a fault. For example, I have left mine for weeks without using it and when switching on the settings have been retained. I don't know how long it can maintain the settings as there is no battery backup, but it must have some form of retention.

If you haven't already, try leaving it plugged in over night and then test if it retains the settings. If not I would send an email to Millennium they offer excellent customer service in my experience.

Hope that helps.
Wixxy

Post by Wixxy »

Had the same problem.Contacted Millennium,got the following reply:
"There was a small batch in first production which seemed to have an issue with remembering games. The software department thinks that this should only happen in the first few games. After some games have been played, the machine remembers everything.

We just did another series of tests in our office with several machines, and everything worked."
This worked for me.
Regards
lrvalley

Works now!

Post by lrvalley »

Just installed the latest firmware, and it's working properly now!