Absolute, definitive Announcement.

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
Fernando
Admiral of the Fleet

Absolute, definitive Announcement.

Post by Fernando »

Nevermore, no matter what, I will try to install an emulator on anything even if I get the support of some friendly guys here, as Nick did. For a reason or another, I do not get things to run, but I often get a problem with my computer. Do not listen to me if again I ask for help. I can live with a Sargon 3 running not at its best in a PC platform.

Resigned regards
Fern
Festina Lente
Volodymyr

Post by Volodymyr »

Hi Fernando
I think this will cheer you up.
I have a quick start in the shell of D-Fend Reloaded.It is very convenient.

Parameters for quick start
"D:\Chess\Chess EMU\WinUAE3400\Sargon III.uae" for WinUAE Sargon III
"D:\Chess\Chess EMU\ATARI ST\Steem.SSE.3.9.0\Psion 2.00.sts" for Steem Atari Psion 2
"D:\Chess\CB-Emu\roms\feagv10.zip" for CB-MESS Fidelity AG 10

Volodymyr

Post by Volodymyr »

I found a video tutorial for running Amiga.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ma0_yfsk1gk
Fernando
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Fernando »

Volodymyr wrote:Hi Fernando
I think this will cheer you up.
I have a quick start in the shell of D-Fend Reloaded.It is very convenient.

Parameters for quick start
"D:\Chess\Chess EMU\WinUAE3400\Sargon III.uae" for WinUAE Sargon III
"D:\Chess\Chess EMU\ATARI ST\Steem.SSE.3.9.0\Psion 2.00.sts" for Steem Atari Psion 2
"D:\Chess\CB-Emu\roms\feagv10.zip" for CB-MESS Fidelity AG 10

You are very kind but all that for me is chinese.
I will keep my promise not to mess around with these things anymore.
Festina Lente
spacious_mind

Post by spacious_mind »

Hi Fernando,

I will show you step by step instructions. There are only 7 seven steps and that includes downloading the winuae64.zip file that I sent to you.

It is very easy if you follow the instruction exactly and do not ignore anything, because I think your NUMBER 1 mistake start on how and where you download the ZIP file. I think you don't even download it what you do is "open" it immediately and that is the mistake you make right at the beginning when you get the file from me.

So I will show you why it is important that you follow my instructions exactly and you will play in 2 minutes maximum Sargon 3!! :)

First your mistakes and why you must follow instructions exactly!

With Winuae64 you have to show exactly the correct path to the folders in the "PATHS" section as you can see in the above picture.

Also you have to tell Winuae64 where the chess program is as you can see in the above picture.

What you have been doing is putting winuae somewhere on your computer and the "PATHS" and "QUICKSTART" information of where your chess program is you also do not tell it. So winuae64 does not know what you want it to do.

This is why it never works for you!!!!!!!!!

Now if you follow these 7 steps exactly then you will play in 2 minutes maximum I promise. But you have to follow instructions and not ignore them!!!!!!!!!!!

Start from the beginning by first deleting all your other winuae downloads.

How to set up zipfile I sent to you:

Step 1

In my last email that I sent to you yesterday with winuae64. Double click on the dropbox link. Above picture is email I sent to you. So Step 1 of 7 is very easy instruction! :)

Step 2

DO NOT open the Dropbox zip file. Save it to your computer as I am showing you above. (So step 2 is also very easy)

Step 3

As you can see I had downloaded my example winuae64 zip file to "DOWNLOADS" on my computer. Please find where you downloaded the ZIP file and right click on it with our mouse and "Copy" on the menu as I am showing you in picture!

Step 4

Now paste winuae.zip to the C:drive of the computer and not in any other folder or subfolder!

When you have done that, you will see the winuae.zip file on your C: drive exactly as I am showing to you in above picture.

Ok so far you have done absolutely nothing with winuae64 zip file other than put it in the correct place on your computer.

Step 5

So now you have to unzip winuae64!! Right click winuae64 and do "Extract files" and not any of the other unzipping options! The other unzipping options might create an extra folder and then the WINUae64 program will not be able to read them again. (Exactly the problem that you have now)

So you must follow the exact unzipping instructions.

Step 6

Step 6 is also easy! You just have to double click on winuae64 application to start it! So this is really the first thing that you have to do with winuae.64!!

Step 7

Now this is the second thing you have to do with winuae64! You go to "CONFIGURATIONS" and double click on any of the chess programs that I have prepared for you!

And that is it 5 unzipping steps and 2 steps to play!!!

And there you have it Sargon 3 is playing at 68060 on Amiga!!

It is not the emulator that is hard! You just have to follow the unzipping instructions correctly!

To leave a program after you played it, you just press "ALT" pressed down and "TAB" key to exit the game window and close winuae64. Then if you want to start another game with another program, you open winuae64 again and under "CONFIGURATIONS" double click on other program and play!!!

And that is it.

2 minutes max to set up and play! But you have to know how to do correct unzipping on your computer. The program itself is easy the way I set it up for you!! (only 2 steps)!!

Best regards
Nick
Fernando
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Fernando »

you mention a 64 thing and my comp is 32 bits. That is one thing to consider.
second. i already erasesd the files you sent to me. Sorry about that, but it is my custom to erase all the time anything that I do not use at the moment. probably stupid, but there it is, so I cannot begin the steps because I have nothing in hand of what you sent to me.
I am really amazed at your patience with an old chap like me that is extremely tired due to years of continuing work in several jobs, not much sleep, etc. I am afraid to find if I still remenber the artimetic tables 3x4, etc :-)

Fern
Festina Lente
Fernando
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Fernando »

Ok, I gathered the rest of my mental forces and understood what is necessary to do.....
Now If only you can send me all the package again.
AND
as a reward for your patience I have something for you that probably you never heard of it before: the program ALEX, Automatic Learning Expert System, full package, original package, a freak thing of the 90's...!
Just send me again your address to send it to you IF you do not have it.

Good deeds are the seed of goods fruits.
Meister Fern

Fern
Festina Lente
Fernando
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Fernando »

I followed the recipe with the thing you sent to me, which I found, but it does not work because my Pc is 32 bits. I think there is now the problem
Festina Lente
spacious_mind

Post by spacious_mind »

Fernando wrote:I followed the recipe with the thing you sent to me, which I found, but it does not work because my Pc is 32 bits. I think there is now the problem
Hi Fernando,

Ok, when you said you had Windows 10, I assumed you had 64 bit. I will prepare the exact same for you in 32 Bit, and I will test it to make sure it works before I send it to you.

I just need a couple of days to do it. In the week I have to work so that I can buy food for my 4 cats :)

Best regards

Nick
Nick
Fernando
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Fernando »

spacious_mind wrote:
Fernando wrote:I followed the recipe with the thing you sent to me, which I found, but it does not work because my Pc is 32 bits. I think there is now the problem
Hi Fernando,

Ok, when you said you had Windows 10, I assumed you had 64 bit. I will prepare the exact same for you in 32 Bit, and I will test it to make sure it works before I send it to you.

I just need a couple of days to do it. In the week I have to work so that I can buy food for my 4 cats :)

Best regards

Nick
four cats?
I have three and five dogs, not to count the doves that comes to get some food, the parrots and some others beasts I feed.
I work to sustain a Zoo regards
Remember to send me your address again to send you that Alex thing if that interest you.
Fern
Festina Lente
spacious_mind

Post by spacious_mind »

Fernando wrote: four cats?
I have three and five dogs, not to count the doves that comes to get some food, the parrots and some others beasts I feed.
And a partridge in a pear tree....

Ok you got mail!

Best regards and crossing fingers....
Nick
Fernando
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Fernando »

spacious_mind wrote:
Fernando wrote: four cats?
And a partridge in a pear tree....

Ok you got mail!

Best regards and crossing fingers....
again....:-(
Festina Lente
spacious_mind

Post by spacious_mind »

Fernando wrote: again....:-(

Did you do this below?

Did you put WINUae3500 zip file into C: drive (Not subdirectory) and unzip with right click mouse and "Extract Here".

If yes then 32 bit winuae works. I tried it on two computers to check.

regards
Nick
Nick
Fernando
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Fernando »

Nick, I am not THAT retarded. I did it as you say.
My question now: you tested all this in w10 or w7?
Festina Lente
spacious_mind

Post by spacious_mind »

Fernando wrote:Nick, I am not THAT retarded. I did it as you say.
My question now: you tested all this in w10 or w7?
It is all tested on Windows 10. I don't have win7 or 8 on any modern computers anymore.

What error message are you getting?

If you have the program folders all in C: WinUAE3500 and it loads but does not work.

Then click on the PATHS directory. If you do not see C:\WinUAE3500\ there and see something else then that means that you still have other versions of winuae on your computer and you have to go to those folders and delete them.

So you might have to open winuae 3 or 4 times, look at PATHS and then go and then close winuae and go to those folders and delete.

In the end when all the places are deleted and you open winuare3500 you will automatically in the Paths folder see C: WinUAE3500.

So when you see C: WinUAE3500 in the PATHS folder for everything then it will work.

Maybe your problem now is that you still have other winuae folders on your computer.

Other than this I cannot imagine why it would not work when it works on all my computers.

Best regards
Nick