Lexibook Chessman Elite with 600mA adapter

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
darkpitlord

Lexibook Chessman Elite with 600mA adapter

Post by darkpitlord »

One week ago, I bought a Lexibook Chessman Elite gc 1300 chessmachine.
I used it with 3 batteries (1.5V) to work this computer. I decided that, I try this machine with an adapter. But, I didn't find the correct adapter that has the required specification.
The manual said, it requires a 4.5V(dc==9V) adapter with 300mA. I bought an adapter, that can supply 4.5V, but it has 600mA current.
I can set the voltage on the adapter 3-9 V, but the amper rate is 600mA.
If I use this computer with this adapter, will be damage the electronics of Chessman Elite or it will work fine?

Another problem, that I tried this machine with batteries. Everything works
fine, except 1 thing. It has a Save/Off button. Sometimes when I push this Save/Off button, the computer doesn't switch off. I don't know why.
Sometimes it switch off and sometimes cannot switch off. Is it saving the current state of a match and it's too busy or the button has no contact?
Martin Hertz

Post by Martin Hertz »

If the adaptor is stabilized, then set it to 4.5V, because the output voltage is stable within the
maximum current of 600mA or less. If your adaptor is unstabilized, the output voltage depends strongly
on the actual current. It should be around 4.5V at 600mA, but the voltage may be too high at 300mA, so
I would try the 3V setting first and switch to 4.5V, if your device doesn't work correctly.
paulwise3

Post by paulwise3 »

I do not understand the problem. I have one too, and the bottom label (also containing the serial number) says you should use a 9V DC 300 mA adapter with positive center.
So you should put your adapter at 9V and positive center and it is ok!
Do not worry about the 600 mA, your computer will only take what it needs.

Have fun playing regards,
Paul
2024 Special thread: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12741
2024 Special results and standings: https://schaakcomputers.nl/paul_w/Tourn ... 25_06.html
If I am mistaken, it must be caused by a horizon effect...