Problem with Mephisto Monte Carlo IV

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
X__Gandalf__X

Problem with Mephisto Monte Carlo IV

Post by X__Gandalf__X »

I make my first move, then D7 square keeps flashing on and off and is unresponsive until I reset. It does this every time, so I don't think it's actually trying to move the pawn from D7. All magnets are working correctly. Any suggestions?
spacious_mind

Re: Problem with Mephisto Monte Carlo IV

Post by spacious_mind »

X__Gandalf__X wrote:I make my first move, then D7 square keeps flashing on and off and is unresponsive until I reset. It does this every time, so I don't think it's actually trying to move the pawn from D7. All magnets are working correctly. Any suggestions?
I had some issues with a Monte Carlo a while back where some of the lights did not work properly. What worked for me was carefully removing the ROM and then putting the ROM back.

When I turned MC back on everything worked again good.

Regards
Nick
X__Gandalf__X

Post by X__Gandalf__X »

spacious_mind wrote:
X__Gandalf__X wrote:I make my first move, then D7 square keeps flashing on and off and is unresponsive until I reset. It does this every time, so I don't think it's actually trying to move the pawn from D7. All magnets are working correctly. Any suggestions?
I had some issues with a Monte Carlo a while back where some of the lights did not work properly. What worked for me was carefully removing the ROM and then putting the ROM back.

Regards
Thanks. Just tried that and it made no difference. Is there anything else worth tinkering with whilst I've got the back off? (I considered removing the battery, but it seems to be very firmly fixed)
spacious_mind

Post by spacious_mind »

X__Gandalf__X wrote:
spacious_mind wrote:

Regards
Thanks. Just tried that and it made no difference. Is there anything else worth tinkering with whilst I've got the back off? (I considered removing the battery, but it seems to be very firmly fixed)
Sounds like you might have to send it to Berger for repair.
Nick