plans for HCE2?

Get your specific HIARCS/Junior support questions answered here as well as up-to-the-minute news!

Moderators: Watchman, Mark Uniacke, mrudolf

syxbit

plans for HCE2?

Post by syxbit »

I'd like to buy HCE, but with it having released 7 years ago and due for a v2 soon, I've been waiting for that. Any plans?
Harvey Williamson
Site Admin

Re: plans for HCE2?

Post by Harvey Williamson »

syxbit wrote:I'd like to buy HCE, but with it having released 7 years ago and due for a v2 soon, I've been waiting for that. Any plans?
We are currently testing it so hopefully wont be to long...…….
Carl Bicknell

Post by Carl Bicknell »

Harvey Williamson wrote:
syxbit wrote:I'd like to buy HCE, but with it having released 7 years ago and due for a v2 soon, I've been waiting for that. Any plans?
Great news.
jurnieks

Post by jurnieks »

Harvey Williamson wrote:
Any news? :)
EloDeficit

Post by EloDeficit »

He said "hopefully wont be to long ..."
not "hopefully wont be too long ..."

Very diplomatic indeed!

:-)
jurnieks

Post by jurnieks »

EloDeficit wrote:He said "hopefully wont be to long ..."

Very diplomatic indeed!

:D
JimGoshorn

Post by JimGoshorn »

EloDeficit wrote:He said "hopefully wont be to long ..."

Very diplomatic indeed!

Of course "too long" is subject to interpretation :lol:
DanielAlejandro

Any new news on Hiarcs 2?

Post by DanielAlejandro »

Can we get a date on when Hiarcs 2 will be released? Like Q3 or Q4 2019.

Thank you.
Eelvelt

Re: Any new news on Hiarcs 2?

Post by Eelvelt »

DanielAlejandro wrote:Can we get a date on when Hiarcs 2 will be released? Like Q3 or Q4 2019.

Thank you.
I second that! It is about time that an estimated date is given for the release of HCE 2.0 and (Deep) Hiarcs 15.

Please give us a date.

Thanks
EloDeficit

Post by EloDeficit »

HCE 2 and HIARCS 15 are expected to be released around any Q1-4 during 3rd millennium A.D.

On a serious note, it would be useful to ask what features are planned in HCE2. In other words, what is new?

What I would ask for from the engine is fine-tuning its playing style. Rodent and the King (from the Chessmaster series) could create interesting characters to play against.

I would ask for the engine to be able to use all opening book formats (ABK, BIN & CTG) that could be set either as a settings file overriding the GUI options or allow using the book set by the chess GUI used (through the UCI interface).

For HCE, I would ask for DGT connectivity. I realize there are no USB drivers for the Mac. However, HCE is available on Windows too where there are drivers.

From HCE, I would also ask for the ability to move panels around to optimize screen space use.
DanielAlejandro

Any news?

Hi, will a new version of Hiarcs Explorer be released before the year ends?

I am not interested in the engine.

Thanks for any information!
herO

Post by herO »

EloDeficit wrote:HCE 2 and HIARCS 15 are expected to be released around any Q1-4 during 3rd millennium A.D.

On a serious note, it would be useful to ask what features are planned in HCE2. In other words, what is new?

What I would ask for from the engine is fine-tuning its playing style. Rodent and the King (from the Chessmaster series) could create interesting characters to play against.

I would ask for the engine to be able to use all opening book formats (ABK, BIN & CTG) that could be set either as a settings file overriding the GUI options or allow using the book set by the chess GUI used (through the UCI interface).

For HCE, I would ask for DGT connectivity. I realize there are no USB drivers for the Mac. However, HCE is available on Windows too where there are drivers.

From HCE, I would also ask for the ability to move panels around to optimize screen space use.
Hiarcs Chess Explorer already supports BIN books. If an engine support opening books in bin formats, you can use them (Komodo, Ktulu, Brainfish etc.). Hiarcs engine uses only HCS format books in HCE.

DGT support is quite problem. It seems that Mark doesn't want to release new HCE with DGT support available only on Windows platform.

Mark wants to be sure, that both platforms offers the same functionality. So if DGT will not provide drivers for Mac platform, then we can be sure, that HCE will never support DGT boards at all.

Stefan Meyer-Kahlen has different opinion about DGT boards. Windows Shredder GUI is able to use DGT boards, but you can't use DGT boards with Mac Shredder GUI. So Mac Shredder GUI offers less functionality than Windows Shredder GUI. Mark wants that both version has the same functionality. We'll see if Mark change his opinion about this issue in the future.
Last edited by herO on Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:19 am, edited 5 times in total.
herO

Re: Any news?

Post by herO »

DanielAlejandro wrote:Hi, will a new version of Hiarcs Explorer be released before the year ends?

I received an email from Mark, that new HCE will be released this year. We still do not know exact date. Hiarcs Chess Explorer 2 will be released with Hiarcs 15 engine. Those products will not be released separately.
DanielAlejandro

Thank you very much for the information, her0.

Very much looking forward to it.
Eelvelt

Re: Any news?

Post by Eelvelt »

herO wrote:
DanielAlejandro wrote:Hi, will a new version of Hiarcs Explorer be released before the year ends?

I received an email from Mark, that new HCE will be released this year. We still do not know exact date. Hiarcs Chess Explorer 2 will be released with Hiarcs 15 engine. Those products will not be released separately.
That is very good news! Can't wait to see the new release.