REGIUM chess

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
Schachspieler

Post by Schachspieler »

Staplegrove wrote:
The video does increase my overall want factor - just waiting on the price - at a wide wild guess I'd assume somewhere in the 500-1000 (EUR/USD/GBP) region.
Anything less than 1000 € would be awesome! The technology (electromagnets) itself is not expensive and since there is no mechanical system (such as the square off), there is no wear. However, the development costs must have been enormous.
chesspcmac

Post by chesspcmac »

I think it will be at least $1500 the cheapest model, it is a tournament size board, Bluetooth DGT board with pieces is almost $1000 in the USA.
I hope I'm wrong

I want it regards

Mike
"Sir, the slowness of genius is hard to bear, but the slowness of mediocrity is insufferable"

Henry Thomas Buckle
Carrinthe

Post by Carrinthe »

chesspcmac wrote:I think it will be at least $1500 the cheapest model, it is a tournament size board, Bluetooth DGT board with pieces is almost $1000 in the USA.
DGT boards are highly overpriced, cost of manufacturing should not be a reason to price the board that high. Regium will need a decent amount of people to support them with their kickstarter, with $1500,- most interested people will decline. Especially when it's not known if they will make their claims reality. Here in Holland you buy a wooden DGT with bluetooth for €579,- I think €750,- would be a reasonable price-point.
alynch4047

Post by alynch4047 »

Hats off to the team https://regiumchess.com/about.html and I like the fact that they are multinational. The board looks so good it's bordering on disruptive technology, it works like a dream but should not be prone to mechanical failure.
TracySMiller

Post by TracySMiller »

This thing looks amazing. I've got to have that classic board. I'll probably have to take out a second mortgage to get it, but it may be a game-changer. And wow, that Naomi Lane.
xalons

Post by xalons »

Good night.

An interview with the head of REGIUM, Angel Delgado, has been published on the ChessCC website. You can read the approximate price at which it will go on sale.

https://chesscc.com/revista/entrevistas ... -de-regium
TracySMiller

Post by TracySMiller »

xalons wrote:Good night.

An interview with the head of REGIUM, Angel Delgado, has been published on the ChessCC website. You can read the approximate price at which it will go on sale.

How do you actually read the interview?
xalons

Post by xalons »

TracySMiller wrote:
xalons wrote:Good night.

How do you actually read the interview?
You just have to register on the web to read all the content.
TracySMiller

Post by TracySMiller »

xalons wrote:
The site won't let me. Keeps complaining "The security token did not match".

What did he say about the pricing of the REGIUM boards?
xalons

Post by xalons »

TracySMiller wrote:
xalons wrote:
The site won't let me. Keeps complaining "The security token did not match".

What did he say about the pricing of the REGIUM boards?
Te lo copio en español

¿Es posible que nos adelantéis los precios con los que saldrán a la venta los tableros REGIUM?

Actualmente esa es la pregunta del millón, todo el mundo nos lo pregunta. La respuesta que estamos dando es que se subscriban en nuestra web para recibir el newsletter donde pronto anunciaremos los precios. Para vosotros, en exclusiva, podemos adelantaros que será menor de 1.000 dólares y que los primeros backers en comprarlo tendrán grandes descuentos de hasta el 50%.
X__Gandalf__X

Post by X__Gandalf__X »

Translation:

I copy it to you in Spanish

Is it possible for us to advance the prices with which the REGIUM boards will go on sale?

Currently that is the million dollar question, everyone asks us. The answer we are giving is that you subscribe on our website to receive the newsletter where we will soon announce the prices. For you, exclusively, we can anticipate that it will be less than 1,000 dollars and that the first backers to buy it will have great discounts of up to 50%.
xalons

Post by xalons »

Because we are aware of the interest this interview has generated in the computer chess community, we have left the full content of the article open (without registration).

Bryan Whitby

Post by Bryan Whitby »

Prices will be announced on Monday prior to the Kickstarter campaign.
Carrinthe

Post by Carrinthe »

This is interesting reading for anyone considering backing the kickstarter capaign: https://lichess.org/blog/XlE48hEAACIAQv ... y-evidence
X__Gandalf__X

Post by X__Gandalf__X »

This appears to be everything I would want in a chess computer. It looks great. The automated piece movement is way beyond anything I've ever seen before. It's versatile. It would make most of it's competitor chess computers obsolete in comparison. Even the price sounds good. It's perfect! It seems.....almost too good to be true.

If something seems too good to be true it probably is. :(