Millennium website Revamped

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
Yarc

Millennium website Revamped

Post by Yarc »

Just discovered Millennium have revamped their website. It looks much better in my opinion and easier to navigate around. Noticed there is a menu option for downloading firmware and other items, but not the pending update for the King modules just yet.

If you haven't seen it, take a look https://computerchess.com/

Anticipating the King update Regards
Ray
"I'm not so sure you're on the right track now."..."Oh! I see what you mean."
fourthirty

Post by fourthirty »

Wow, so much better. Thanks for the heads-up Ray! They finally listened to our suggestions - we have a download link!

Another win for Millennium regards,
Greg
Tibono2

Post by Tibono2 »

Indeed much better, but some progress may still be expected... e.g. wouldn't it be quite simple to complete the King Performance downloads with a link to the already available PGN tool?

No worries for those who know you have to use the (compatible) M820 one, but what about newcomers...

Kind regards
Eric
fdimeglio

Post by fdimeglio »

Thank you Ray, better but sorry still not good and still feels amateurish...

1) a website should use the language of the browser location (or the IP address, which is equivalent to a location) without forcing the user to change the language of the website by hand. I was forced to do that as it was presented as German for me initially and I am pretty sure a lot of people would have some issue changing the language by hand. We are in 2020 not in 1990 ...

2) the English version of the website is missing the Contact page (which exists in the German one)...

3) we missing a real "Support" page. Yes there is an email link in the German contact page about it but that's very barebones and not even visible in English.

So we are improving from a 4/10 to a 6/10 right now but nowhere near a 8/10 to 10/10.

Websites are not that hard Regards,

Fabrice
Looking for a nice Fidelity EAG or A/S and a Odin Encore. Please send me a private message.
Yarc

Post by Yarc »

fdimeglio wrote:Thank you Ray, better but sorry still not good and still feels amateurish...

1) a website should use the language of the browser location (or the IP address, which is equivalent to a location) without forcing the user to change the language of the website by hand. I was forced to do that as it was presented as German for me initially and I am pretty sure a lot of people would have some issue changing the language by hand. We are in 2020 not in 1990 ...

2) the English version of the website is missing the Contact page (which exists in the German one)...

3) we missing a real "Support" page. Yes there is an email link in the German contact page about it but that's very barebones and not even visible in English.

So we are improving from a 4/10 to a 6/10 right now but nowhere near a 8/10 to 10/10.

Websites are not that hard Regards,

Fabrice
Hi Fabrice,

I agree in principle with what you say. Of course, I would like to see it change language automatically, and provide an English contact page, actually very important, as is a proper support page.

However, it is a big improvement and as Millennium are a small company I will pat them on the back and maybe in time we will see more improvements. We are certainly getting very good improvements with their products albeit, there was a shaky start with quality control when I purchased the ChessGenius Exclusive and again the The King modules. Overall I am very happy with what they provide and although the contact information is hard to find, once you do contact them for support I have found this to be excellent.

It's one small step for Millennium kind... Regards
Ray
"I'm not so sure you're on the right track now."..."Oh! I see what you mean."
fdimeglio

Post by fdimeglio »

Hello again Ray,

I hear you and see some of your points but I still think that having a decent web site is not that hard those days and you can hire any "web professional" on a dime to do it for you.

Show me your web site and I will tell who you are Regards,

Fabrice

Yarc wrote: Hi Fabrice,

I agree in principle with what you say. Of course, I would like to see it change language automatically, and provide an English contact page, actually very important, as is a proper support page.

However, it is a big improvement and as Millennium are a small company I will pat them on the back and maybe in time we will see more improvements. We are certainly getting very good improvements with their products albeit, there was a shaky start with quality control when I purchased the ChessGenius Exclusive and again the The King modules. Overall I am very happy with what they provide and although the contact information is hard to find, once you do contact them for support I have found this to be excellent.

It's one small step for Millennium kind... Regards
Ray
Looking for a nice Fidelity EAG or A/S and a Odin Encore. Please send me a private message.