New DGT Pegasus online chess board

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
Wommy

Re: New DGT Pegasus online chess board

Post by Wommy »

Fran wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:54 am ...
And how much does it need completely turned off? Should be zero, right?
About 3 mA. But I did not a long time examination here. Possibly a low current is needed to hold the calibration values.
ednekebno

Post by ednekebno »

programmierbär wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 5:13 pm Great, that makes it easier for me to integrate it into BearChess :)
https://github.com/EdNekebno/DGTCentaur ... s-Protocol
programmierbär

Post by programmierbär »

Hello,

I have just released version 0.5.8.0 of BearChess, a Windows chess GUI for UCI engines.
https://solanosoft.com/

This version supports boards from Certabo and Millennium Chesslink as well as the new DGT Pegasus board.
Many thanks to Gerhard Kalab for his support.

Lars
Fran

Post by Fran »

Wommy wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:56 pm
Fran wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:54 am ...
And how much does it need completely turned off? Should be zero, right?
About 3 mA. But I did not a long time examination here. Possibly a low current is needed to hold the calibration values.
That would be the only device I own that needs/ consume current to save data. And I am not talking about "normal" discharging of batteries (a few percent)

A device that needs battery to keep data would be strange...every usb stick would laugh at it ;-)
Schachspieler

Post by Schachspieler »

Version 1.0 of the DGT Chess app will be released at January 19 with Android 12 support.
LongDiagonal

Post by LongDiagonal »

And iOS?
larryadler

Post by larryadler »

programmierbär wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:47 pm Hello,

I have just released version 0.5.8.0 of BearChess, a Windows chess GUI for UCI engines.
https://solanosoft.com/

Lars
Dear Lars,

thank You. Just the bluetooth module in the PC and BearChess and the chessboard will automatically pair up - without the support of the DGT app, or through it?
Schachspieler

Post by Schachspieler »

LongDiagonal wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:24 pmAnd iOS?
iOS should follow a few days later.
programmierbär

Post by programmierbär »

larryadler wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:04 pm
Dear Lars,

thank You. Just the bluetooth module in the PC and BearChess and the chessboard will automatically pair up - without the support of the DGT app, or through it?
it will automatically pair up. There is no connection to the DGT app or a DGT server.

Lars
WS26

Post by WS26 »

It is not Pegasus's fault, but to some extent "thanks" to the mistakes I got ... banned from Lichess.
I appealed, my appeal was rejected.
If anyone is interested, here are the details:
https://lichess.org/forum/general-chess ... lp--advice
WS26

Post by WS26 »

WS26 wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:57 am It is not Pegasus's fault, but....
Interesting thing.
Lichess removed my tournament points from the tournaments I played with DGT Pegasus.
In addition to the DGT Chess application, I always had the Lichess application open on my tablet to continue the game in case of problems with Pegasus.
And I think that led to my account lost ...
The moderators do not want to accept any arguments. I wonder if I was the only one who was so "lucky".
Schachspieler

Post by Schachspieler »

WS26 wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:52 pm
WS26 wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:57 am It is not Pegasus's fault, but....
Interesting thing.
Lichess removed my tournament points from the tournaments I played with DGT Pegasus.
In addition to the DGT Chess application, I always had the Lichess application open on my tablet to continue the game in case of problems with Pegasus.
And I think that led to my account lost ...
The moderators do not want to accept any arguments. I wonder if I was the only one who was so "lucky".
It is not allowed at Lichess, to connect with one account twice at the same time and follow your game with a second device. In case of problems, you can stop the DGT App and finish a running game with the Lichess-App.
WS26

Post by WS26 »

Schachspieler wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:23 pm It is not allowed at Lichess, to connect with one account twice at the same time and follow your game with a second device. In case of problems, you can stop the DGT App and finish a running game with the Lichess-App.
But did you know that in practice this makes it impossible to play a meaningful and enjoyable tournament with Lichess?
- What about chat during a tournament?
- what about pausing the game, when between games we have to set pawns to starting positions?
- what if we have very little time and Pegasus stops responding? (it happens). Before I play the game on the device, I will lose.

In my opinion, it would be much better if the Lichess application (like chess.com) allowed you to set the game via an external device.
Connection via API makes DGT Pegasus suitable for single games with random devices.
But if we want to fully enjoy the tournament play, sooner or later you will be banned from using Pegasus.
I lost my account using Lichess and Pegasus in this way.
Schachspieler

Post by Schachspieler »

You are right. I am sure, there will be an update of the DGT App. :-)
Fran

Post by Fran »

Am I am so thankful for the white pawn app, as well as for chess dojo.
All the major issues are (dgt)app based (and most can be avoided using white pawn):

Wrong battery status

No "internal" storage for pgn, if you forget to export it immediately after the game, it is gone (or is it?)

The exported pgns can't be read sometimes; import in lichess just displays about 9 of all the moves, the rest is gone. "Analyze this" shows me a few more move, but also not the whole game.

The "confirm move" led responds way too slow, even that is faster with white pawn app.

Another thing;
Yesterday i played against a friend over the board; we normally play online on lichess.
Is there, or can there even be a way for the two players to play over the board, each of them using their lichess account?
You somehow have to manage via the app to sign in your opponent as well; i don't think two phones, even if using the same app, would be able to connect simultanously with the pegasus or communicate proper with each other via, say, wifi. But I really do not have any experience with such things, I would just enjoy the feature.